Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more

Can these roms be used for the Galaxy S5 SPort?

2nd September 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
I just purchased a galaxy s5 sport and dont see a separate forum section for it.
Are roms made for the original galaxy s5 also usable with the galaxy s5 sport?
2nd September 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 41

119 posts
Galaxy Sport + Galaxy S5 Roms
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidxduong85

I just purchased a galaxy s5 sport and dont see a separate forum section for it.
Are roms made for the original galaxy s5 also usable with the galaxy s5 sport?

The Roms for Galaxy S5 wont work on your edition of phone, not even sure there is a restore file for your phone on sammobile, i dont think there is yet...sammobile.com is the site to get Odin file, see if they have it. Thats the first question u have to answer, dont wanna bork your phone with root and not have a way to get back to stock.
2nd September 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #3  
Flag 41.872 -88.065
Thanks Meter: 61

76 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceburn1

The Roms for Galaxy S5 wont work on your edition of phone, not even sure there is a restore file for your phone on sammobile, i dont think there is yet...sammobile.com is the site to get Odin file, see if they have it. Thats the first question u have to answer, dont wanna bork your phone with root and not have a way to get back to stock.

Chainfire was kind enough to create an Auto Root for the Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport.
Originally Posted by gratefldiver View Post
Here are the recovery & boot images. Hopefully you can work with these and create a root capability.
Here is the CFAR for G860P - http://download.chainfire.eu/460/CF-...ts-smg860p.zip

Please go to his Thread and thank him appropriately. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1980683 the S5 Sport quote above is on page 46 of that thread.
3rd September 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #4  
Flag Long Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 6

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefldiver

Chainfire was kind enough to create an Auto Root for the Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport.
Originally Posted by gratefldiver View Post
Here are the recovery & boot images. Hopefully you can work with these and create a root capability.
Here is the CFAR for G860P - http://download.chainfire.eu/460/CF-...ts-smg860p.zip

Please go to his Thread and thank him appropriately. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1980683 the S5 Sport quote above is on page 46 of that thread.

I used Chainfire's auto root for the Sport yesterday and it worked perfectly. However, I tried flashing philz recovery for the s5 after rooting and all I get is a bootloop when trying to boot into recovery. I've done this multiple times on different devices without any problems so I'm assuming the regular s5 recovery is not compatible with the Sport. Does the auto root already include its own recovery or is there one that is compatible with the s5 sport? Or is there something I'm missing here?
3rd September 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 41

119 posts
Galaxy Sport+Recovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1monday

I used Chainfire's auto root for the Sport yesterday and it worked perfectly. However, I tried flashing philz recovery for the s5 after rooting and all I get is a bootloop when trying to boot into recovery. I've done this multiple times on different devices without any problems so I'm assuming the regular s5 recovery is not compatible with the Sport. Does the auto root already include its own recovery or is there one that is compatible with the s5 sport? Or is there something I'm missing here?

Not sure if there is a custom recovery for your phone yet, just flash Chainfires CF-autoroot again, it won't harm anything, his root method flashes root with custom recovery, then in same instance flashes stock recovery back onto it. This will at least get u out of bootloop and not change anything u have done to phone. Go to sammobile.com and get the firmware for your phone. That will be pretty much your recovery until one is made for your phone, which will happen in due time.
Last edited by Iceburn1; 3rd September 2014 at 03:44 PM.
3rd September 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #6  
Flag Long Beach, CA

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceburn1

Not sure if there is a custom recovery for your phone yet, just flash Chainfires CF-autoroot again, it won't harm anything, his root method flashes root with custom recovery, then in same instance flashes stock recovery back onto it. This will at least get u out of bootloop and not change anything u have done to phone. Go to sammobile.com and get the firmware for your phone. That will be pretty much your recovery until one is made for your phone, which will happen in due time.

I was able to get out of the bootloop. The phone works fine and is rooted. The only problem I was having was trying to get the recovery to work properly. So far I've only tried philz. Maybe TWRP would produce different results? I will try flashing later today and report back. Thanks for the response
4th September 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1monday

I was able to get out of the bootloop. The phone works fine and is rooted. The only problem I was having was trying to get the recovery to work properly. So far I've only tried philz. Maybe TWRP would produce different results? I will try flashing later today and report back. Thanks for the response

Hi! Please update when you test it out and let me know =) interested in doing this tonight, I'm trying to get a recovery on my Sport.
5th September 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #8  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 30

113 posts
More
I had no luck with Philz I ended up havin to use TWRP, which works fine BUT I like Philz so much better. But I would say try using TWRP and see if it works better for u and let us know.

Sent from my Sexy Samsung S5
5th September 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #9  
Flag Long Beach, CA

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navani

Hi! Please update when you test it out and let me know =) interested in doing this tonight, I'm trying to get a recovery on my Sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan23247

I had no luck with Philz I ended up havin to use TWRP, which works fine BUT I like Philz so much better. But I would say try using TWRP and see if it works better for u and let us know.

Sent from my Sexy Samsung S5

I tried flashing TWRP today and I'm getting the same result. It gets stuck in a bootloop when trying to boot into recovery. It shows the "Recovery is not seandroid enforcing" message and then restarts and does the same thing. The only way to get out of it is to pull the battery then boot into download mode and flash the recovery again and let it reboot normally. After that the phone goes back to normal with root permission but without a working recovery.
20th September 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 10

58 posts
More
So the Sprint Galaxy S5 recovery image is no good for the Galaxy S5 Sport? There seems to be two conflicting stories. :\

The Following User Says Thank You to jerofld For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread