App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

[Q] GPS problem on AOSP ROMs

15th September 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hey guys, this may be a noob question or answered elsewhere, but I've been searching everywhere for 2 days before asking. I have a sprint galaxy s5 and have flashed multiple builds of slimkat and am now running this latest version of cyanogenmod found at the following link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...4-4-4-t2850790

In every case, the GPS will show the large blue circle with an approximate idea of my location, but no lock, and while it can plan a route, once I start driving, the arrow does not follow me, and within a minute or so, the maps application will say "GPS Signal Lost." I've tried GPS fix apps from the market, and I've tried factory resetting / wiping and reflashing but to no avail. Is there anything else I can try, and suggestions for how to get GPS working? I'll answer any additional questions that you might have that can help lead to a solution.
16th September 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Logansport, IN
Thanks Meter: 398

2,054 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrasslinmike

Hey guys, this may be a noob question or answered elsewhere, but I've been searching everywhere for 2 days before asking. I have a sprint galaxy s5 and have flashed multiple builds of slimkat and am now running this latest version of cyanogenmod found at the following link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...4-4-4-t2850790

In every case, the GPS will show the large blue circle with an approximate idea of my location, but no lock, and while it can plan a route, once I start driving, the arrow does not follow me, and within a minute or so, the maps application will say "GPS Signal Lost." I've tried GPS fix apps from the market, and I've tried factory resetting / wiping and reflashing but to no avail. Is there anything else I can try, and suggestions for how to get GPS working? I'll answer any additional questions that you might have that can help lead to a solution.

If you have a backup of the stock Rom, restore it and get a gps lock. Then immediately goto recovery and restore the Rom you want and profit with a gps lock. Works for me on my S4 and now my S5.

Sent From My Galaxy S5 Far Far Away
16th September 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Awesome, I'm going to try that right now, hoping it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eris _2.1_2010

If you have a backup of the stock Rom, restore it and get a gps lock. Then immediately goto recovery and restore the Rom you want and profit with a gps lock. Works for me on my S4 and now my S5.

16th September 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
So I just tried your solution, and I was able to get a GPS lock with the stock ROM, but no lock when I restored the cyanogenmod rom. Should I not have performed a wipe and just installed it dirty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eris _2.1_2010

17th September 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #5  
Flag Logansport, IN
Thanks Meter: 398

2,054 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrasslinmike

So I just tried your solution, and I was able to get a GPS lock with the stock ROM, but no lock when I restored the cyanogenmod rom. Should I not have performed a wipe and just installed it dirty?

No wipe. If I can't get a lock with an aosp rom I backup that rom then restore my stock TouchWiz rom get a lock there and boot straight to recovery. Then just restore the rom you backed up and hopefully profit. Also try https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=org.fastergps

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread