Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,905 Members 40,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi calling

Tip us?

steveh552
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Wifi calling

I have the boost mobile version and it has been updated to the latest software which I'm told should have wifi calling. There is nothing in the settings nor is there an app. When I do an s search for it, there is a wifi calling setting but when I click on it, it doesn't do anything. Anyone know how I can get it working?

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405044779532.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	2844834Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405044787847.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	2844836

YemenHero
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh552 View Post
I have the boost mobile version and it has been updated to the latest software which I'm told should have wifi calling. There is nothing in the settings nor is there an app. When I do an s search for it, there is a wifi calling setting but when I click on it, it doesn't do anything. Anyone know how I can get it working?

Attachment 2844834Attachment 2844836
First of all, DId you activate your mobile with sprint network??
the app is there, but its mainly frozen, try to activate your device , then unfreeze it.

I hope this will help.

steveh552
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
It was activated day 1

emanuelrv
Old
Thanks Meter 1
They qre liar they told me WiFi calling come ti boost but dosent work i Do a restore no work and the apk is in the private folder install and try active they said Call boost mobile

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by YemenHero View Post
First of all, DId you activate your mobile with sprint network??
the app is there, but its mainly frozen, try to activate your device , then unfreeze it.
Boost Mobile they use sprint network
I hope this will help.

slickdealers
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuelrv View Post
They qre liar they told me WiFi calling come ti boost but dosent work i Do a restore no work and the apk is in the private folder install and try active they said Call boost mobile

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

You really aren't missing much. Mine barely works and I have excellent WiFi connection. I keep getting an activation error now whenever I enable it.

steveh552
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I found the APK for it, downloaded it, phone says it is installed but no Icon or anything shows, cannot find it in the phone

emanuelrv
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I found the APK for it, downloaded it, phone says it is installed but no Icon or anything shows, cannot find it in the phone
use a file explorer go to system and pri app las one is the apk again dosent work dont try they said activating then call boost services dont work

Docarut
Old
(Last edited by Docarut; 17th July 2014 at 02:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
I would try going to sprint.com and login. Then click on manage this device and click on change on service add ons in drop down menus. On that next page there should be choice to enable wifi calling. If it is not there I would call sprint to push this so it shows up there.

Edit: Even after the icon for wifi calling was in my apps it would not enable for awhile. After about another 30 minutes when I clicked on it it opened and asked to register my wifi location and then was active. You need to register each new wifi connection to enable wifi calling there. However once it is learned you do not have to keep doing that.