FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Movie Mode

1,469 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,219

By JoeyDuran, Senior Member on 20th January 2015, 06:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey what's up guys!
I have put together this app for those movie goers out there who don't like to be disturbed while watching a movie.

It's still in a beginning stage but works as I intended it to be for now.

The works:

This app is called "Movie Mode"

It's an app that works as a toggle. It has no user interface, You just put the icon on your home screen or wherever is easy for you to access.
Once clicked once it will activate and send your phone into vibrate mode, ignore all calls, and send the caller a text message simply saying:
"I'm watching a movie, I'll call you back after".

Then, after your movie is finished, you click the icon once more and it turns your sound back on and accepts calls again.

And that's it!

And if you have a Gear 2 smart watch you can add it through the launchgear app and be able to toggle from your smart watch.
If you enable notifications for the app you will recieve a quick notification on the watch saying either "Movie Mode ON" or "Movie Mode OFF"

Feel free to try it out and let me know what you all think about it! 👍
Thank You

Credits:
rajah sulayman for the main idea,
my wife for letting me spam her phone trying to get it right ,
@JoeFCaputo113 for the help,
@lanewhit for the meeting mode idea.
@willowmaker420 and all those who attempted to help out thank you!

INSTALL: Just install like any other app. Make sure unknown sources is checked in your settings.

DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

1.1 - Fixed some minor bugs, and added a permanent notification (when active) in status bar with disable button for quick access.

1.0 - initial release

.................................................. ......
Other modes:
Meeting Mode
(works just like the "Movie Mode" it just changes "I'm watching a movie" to "I'm in a meeting"
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JoeyDuran For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoeyDuran Ad-Free

20th January 2015, 06:55 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 138

More
This is a really cool idea. It would be awesome if you could make a "I'm in a meeting" version for those of us that would like what we are really doing to be on the downlow or even really in a meeting.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to lanewhit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lanewhit Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 07:36 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Spring

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanewhit

This is a really cool idea. It would be awesome if you could make a "I'm in a meeting" version for those of us that would like what we are really doing to be on the downlow or even really in a meeting.

Here you go!
Meeting Mode

Wondering if I should create it's own thread.

Let me know what you think.
Also will update that icon for the app, I just kinda through it together for you to have. If you have any problems let me know 👍
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoeyDuran For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoeyDuran Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 02:39 PM |#4  
Flag New Port Richey, Florida
Thanks Meter: 342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDuran

Here you go!
Meeting Mode

Also will update that icon for the app, I just kinda through it together for you to have. If you have any problems let me know 👍

Outstanding. I wonder I f you go roll this in with movie mode and what is the possibility for the user to add custom modes. GREAT WORK

Sent from my SM-G900P via XDA Premium 4 Mobile
The Following User Says Thank You to kmcphee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kmcphee Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 02:55 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Spring

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcphee

Outstanding. I wonder I f you go roll this in with movie mode and what is the possibility for the user to add custom modes. GREAT WORK

Sent from my SM-G900P via XDA Premium 4 Mobile

That is actually what I had in mind for a future update. Once I get the user interface all figured out, that's an idea I had to have custom modes for the user to enter their own text.
But for now it's just a toggle
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeyDuran For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoeyDuran Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 03:49 PM |#6  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2,802

Donate to Me
More
Good job man!

My question to you is how did you make this into an app??
20th January 2015, 04:11 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Spring

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFCaputo113

Good job man!

My question to you is how did you make this into an app??

Sent you a pm
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeyDuran For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoeyDuran Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 06:01 PM |#8  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2,802

Donate to Me
More
@JoeyDuran are there any additional plugins needed for this? You should put that in the OP

Edit: Also, I hope it is OK, I put your profile/app in my Tasker thread! http://forum.xda-developers.com/spri...s-gs5-t2996112
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFCaputo113 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoeFCaputo113 Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 06:15 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Spring

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFCaputo113

@JoeyDuran are there any additional plugins needed for this? You should put that in the OP

Edit: Also, I hope it is OK, I put your profile/app in my Tasker thread! http://forum.xda-developers.com/spri...s-gs5-t2996112

Is it not working for you?
And go ahead
20th January 2015, 08:17 PM |#10  
Recognized Themer
Flag Lake Holiday
Thanks Meter: 1,095

Donate to Me
More
what a great idea, nice work
The Following User Says Thank You to mash4077fan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mash4077fan Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 10:53 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDuran

Here you go!
Meeting Mode

Thanks for this. I will play with it later today.

The Following User Says Thank You to lanewhit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lanewhit Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)