What the most basic ROM for just media use?

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
By jobzombi, Member on 7th August 2015, 04:09 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My M8 has gone to the beyond, sort of. First it started with the top speaker failing, so I had to use speaker phone for calls (using the bottom speaker) and then, in the last week, the mic failed. My last phone prior to the M8 was the Fascinate (verizon); yes Galaxy S1. With that there was a ROM that I really enjoyed, actually still do as I have the phones as spares around the house and workplace, that made it a media device only; GeeWiz Media 4.5. In essence it had only wifi and was unable to make calls or use 3g. Is there something relatively close that in the HTC One world? Even though the speakers and mic have failed, I can still use it as a universal remote, splashtop RDP, clock, media player, etc.. In essence, it may have failed me as a phone, but it can still function as a media device. If there is nothing like GeeWiz's ROM, what is the least bloated ROM, and then I can try tweaking it and taking out other features as I see the need? I had my eye on the BareBack ROM as a possible contender.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

debloated, media, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread