Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,255 Members 52,532 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is my battery fried?

Tip us?

ipclark1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default Is my battery fried?

Battery issue-seems to be unique. Didn't get phone extremely wet but it was being used in a bit of light rain yesterday when this issue surfaced. Phone died at some point in my pocket on the way into office from car. Set it to charge and, since then, i get flashing orange light with the battery/lightning bolt indicator-in perpetuity . Tried messing with all kinds of button combinations on and off charger and nothing has changed-flashing orange light w/battery indicator (empty-no green or percentage). Phone doesn't even seem to heat up even after hours on charger. Any help would be greatly appreciated, my m7 getting to feel extremely dated on day two.

gstanke
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipclark1 View Post
Battery issue-seems to be unique. Didn't get phone extremely wet but it was being used in a bit of light rain yesterday when this issue surfaced. Phone died at some point in my pocket on the way into office from car. Set it to charge and, since then, i get flashing orange light with the battery/lightning bolt indicator-in perpetuity . Tried messing with all kinds of button combinations on and off charger and nothing has changed-flashing orange light w/battery indicator (empty-no green or percentage). Phone doesn't even seem to heat up even after hours on charger. Any help would be greatly appreciated, my m7 getting to feel extremely dated on day two.
Try holding power volume up and down for 2 minutes. It's supposed to reset the battery charge logic

gstanke
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipclark1 View Post
Any update?