Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,752 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flash Stock Recovery

Tip us?

mjs2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,680
Default Flash Stock Recovery

Hi all. I have it on pretty good authority that we'll be seeing a 4.4.4 update soon.

I'm currently stock rooted, s-off and unlocked but have twrp as my recovery. I'm curious how I can go back to stock recovery top new ready to accept the upcoming ota.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

mjs2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,680
Bumpity bump

fgr
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011 View Post
Hi all. I have it on pretty good authority that we'll be seeing a 4.4.4 update soon.

I'm currently stock rooted, s-off and unlocked but have twrp as my recovery. I'm curious how I can go back to stock recovery top new ready to accept the upcoming ota.

Thanks in advance.

Quick search for "Return to Stock" took me here: Stock Backups + OTA's

It will literally probably be only hours after release that you will be able to download the update here on the forums. No stock recovery required. Can't wait that long?

Sprint HTC One M8

Sprint Ativ S Neo

Sprint Galaxy S4

drlzanej
Old
Thanks Meter 1,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011 View Post

Thanks in advance.

What you need is to flash a rom as close to stock as possible (you can find stock backups here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2736048 ) and then flash a stock recovery (theres one on here somewhere, if you cant find it ill post one ). Once the OTA comes itll notify you and you can take the update. As long as you're s-off you can then install your custom recovery again and you're good to go.
Im like you i guess, i like to keep an factory OTA on hand myself. Hope this helps.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Devices: Sprint HTC Hero200 CDMA,Sprint HTC Evo 4G Supersonic,
Sprint HTC Evo 3D, Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE, Sprint Htc One(M7)
Present Device: Sprint Htc One (M8) Harmon/Kardon Edition
Recovery: CaptainThrowback's TWRP 2.7.0.7
Rom: InsertCoin
Kernel: MassStashedX-0.19.1
ExtSd: 64g Class10

If I've helped you in some way, Keep it to yourself or all the kid's will want some,,,
The Following User Says Thank You to drlzanej For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]