Ask a question

No registration required

Flash Stock Recovery

OP mjs2011

3rd July 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,733

4,411 posts
Hi all. I have it on pretty good authority that we'll be seeing a 4.4.4 update soon.

I'm currently stock rooted, s-off and unlocked but have twrp as my recovery. I'm curious how I can go back to stock recovery top new ready to accept the upcoming ota.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
5th July 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,733

4,411 posts
Bumpity bump

5th July 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #3  
Flag Overland Park, KS
Thanks Meter: 300

408 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011

Hi all. I have it on pretty good authority that we'll be seeing a 4.4.4 update soon.

I'm currently stock rooted, s-off and unlocked but have twrp as my recovery. I'm curious how I can go back to stock recovery top new ready to accept the upcoming ota.

Thanks in advance.

Quick search for "Return to Stock" took me here: Stock Backups + OTA's

It will literally probably be only hours after release that you will be able to download the update here on the forums. No stock recovery required. Can't wait that long?
5th July 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2,011

2,432 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011

Thanks in advance.

What you need is to flash a rom as close to stock as possible (you can find stock backups here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2736048 ) and then flash a stock recovery (theres one on here somewhere, if you cant find it ill post one ). Once the OTA comes itll notify you and you can take the update. As long as you're s-off you can then install your custom recovery again and you're good to go.
Im like you i guess, i like to keep an factory OTA on hand myself. Hope this helps.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to drlzanej For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread