Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 42,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google wallet tap to pay not working

Tip us?

muppetman462
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default [Q] Google wallet tap to pay not working

Greetings,
I've recently switched over from the Samsung galaxy s3 to the m8. I have my phone rooted, but currently on the stock rom. I have Google wallet installed on my phone, and tried to us the tap and pay function at McDonalds. I was unable to get the NFC function to work. I know the store terminal works because I used my stock nexus 7 (not rooted) a few months ago to get some coffee there.

I had the same issue on my s3, but I was running cyanogenmod on the phone, and I thought that was the problem. Now I'm wondering if it's having root access. Anyone else having problems with tap to pay on their rooted phone?

reinaldistic
Old
Thanks Meter 177

DONATE TO ME
Maybe the store terminal broke since... A few months cab do that try a different store

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

kwolf
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I'm having the same issue. For me, the problem started when I switched from a Sprint-specific ROM to Viper ROM (intl base). After 2 minutes of bashing my phone against the terminal at McDonald's, it did finally work. But it is not working instantly like it used to, and it acts like nothing is happening. I know it's not McDonald's terminal because it happens at another McDonald's and Walgreens where previously it was working fine. Tapping my phone to another NFC phone works so NFC itself is working.

I don't really feel like going back to a different ROM over this, but it is annoying.

gstanke
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Only place I have has issues is one checkout lane at meijer. Felt like pretty stupid last night since I left my wallet at home. Cancelled my order, went to a different Lane and it worked fine. So for me at least it's not an issue with the phone