Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

[Q] HELP No Boot

OP thisguy81

18th July 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Overland Park
Thanks Meter: 29

81 posts
More
So I flashed a Hex Edited HBoot screen and now my phone doesn't have a boot screen. It goes to the HTC w/ Powered by Android at the bottom screen. It stays on that screen for about 10 minutes then it is just on the Android homescreen. Not sure what to do from here. I have the HK Edition. Flashed back to the stock HBOOT and also reflashed ROM. Flashed a boot screen as well, and none of it fixed it. Any help would be great!

EDIT: About to RUU. Really hope that fixes it.
Last edited by thisguy81; 18th July 2014 at 03:17 PM.
18th July 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 246

1,309 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy81

So I flashed a Hex Edited HBoot screen and now my phone doesn't have a boot screen. It goes to the HTC w/ Powered by Android at the bottom screen. It stays on that screen for about 10 minutes then it is just on the Android homescreen. Not sure what to do from here. I have the HK Edition. Flashed back to the stock HBOOT and also reflashed ROM. Flashed a boot screen as well, and none of it fixed it. Any help would be great!

EDIT: About to RUU. Really hope that fixes it.

I wouldn't. If you did the firmware update with WiFi calling, flash the hboot version and wait for the updated hboot edits to come.

Check thoughtlesskyle's thread in Android Development. The newest stock version.
18th July 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Overland Park

81 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwups1

I wouldn't. If you did the firmware update with WiFi calling, flash the hboot version and wait for the updated hboot edits to come.

Check thoughtlesskyle's thread in Android Development. The newest stock version.

So basically this happened because I am an idiot and flashed the wrong HBOOT file?
18th July 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Overland Park

81 posts
More
Figured it out. Flashed OMJ's stock firmware and that fixed it. Thanks for the heads up about the RUU.

Sent from my 831C using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to thisguy81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #5  
Flag Charlottesville Va
Thanks Meter: 167

571 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy81

Figured it out. Flashed OMJ's stock firmware and that fixed it. Thanks for the heads up about the RUU.

Sent from my 831C using xda premium

I did the same damn thing and planned on flashing the ruu after work. Can you link the exact file you flashed? I tried firmwares but none will work. Maybe I missed the omeyou used. I have a regular M8.
18th July 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Overland Park

81 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcooley

I did the same damn thing and planned on flashing the ruu after work. Can you link the exact file you flashed? I tried firmwares but none will work. Maybe I missed the omeyou used. I have a regular M8.

I wouldn't be comfortable linking the exact file w/o OMJ's permission. But the thread is here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2729173

Go to the bottom of the first post and pull the full firmware w/o the hboot removed. I think you have to change your CID as well. The instructions on how to do that is in the first post as well. Hope that helps.

EDIT: BTW I used the Fastboot flash method. Had to do it twice. Got an error about flushing the file the first time.
Last edited by thisguy81; 18th July 2014 at 06:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to thisguy81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I can confirm that I had to SuperCID to do a modded hboot flash, otherwise the flash didn't actually happen.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread