Need help finding

OP AdamMeetsWorld

18th September 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Need helping finding a stock Non HK rom of Software 2.16.651.4. I need to unroot my device and have failed at finding a 2.16.651.4 backup to be able to flash back and unroot. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I have done hours of google searches and haven't been been to find anything other than odex or deodexed roms which won't work. I tried using a back up and flashing back to an older software version but it failed to update back up so had to reroot. Can anyone please help
18th September 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 1,945

3,633 posts
Donate to Me
More
Here is the 2.16.651.4 RUU, straight from HTC. Look under the section titled "Manual System Update Instructions". This will unroot your device and install the stock Android system recovery. If you're S-on you'll need to relock the bootloader first using the command "fastboot oem lock" (from the bootloader) while connected via Fastboot USB mode. If you're S-off you do not need to relock the bootloader. Afterwards, just follow the instructions on HTC's site to install the RUU.

http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-m8-sprint/news/
Last edited by Magnum_Enforcer; 18th September 2014 at 06:10 AM.
18th September 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Cheers mate but I'm not sure what you mean by fastboot oem lock. Do you have a video tutorial? or instructions? I have been using the All In One Tool.
18th September 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL

3,633 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamMeetsWorld

Cheers mate but I'm not sure what you mean by fastboot oem lock. Do you have a video tutorial? or instructions? I have been using the All In One Tool.

Fastboot oem lock is a command that you type in to a command terminal on your computer while your phone is connected via Fastboot USB mode. The command relocks your bootloader. You need to have a working ADB/Fastboot environment set up on your computer first in order to do so. Hit the link below for more info.

http://m.androidcentral.com/android-...ou-should-know

This is a reason I hate toolkits. They simplify everything but don't teach you very little, if anything
Last edited by Magnum_Enforcer; 18th September 2014 at 08:05 AM.
18th September 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer

Fastboot oem lock is a command that you type in to a command terminal on your computer while your phone is connected via Fastboot USB mode. The command relocks your bootloader. You need to have a working ADB/Fastboot environment set up on your computer first in order to do so. Hit the link below for more info.

This is a reason I hate toolkits. They simplify everything but don't teach you very little, if anything

Okay thanks. Could I just use the tool kit to relock the bootloader and everything then use the RUU to update to the current version? I am not sure if I can do it following that method. To relock it anyway. Also to do this method do I need S-Off because I do not have S-Of.
Last edited by AdamMeetsWorld; 18th September 2014 at 08:54 AM.
18th September 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL

3,633 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamMeetsWorld

Okay thanks. Could I just use the tool kit to relock the bootloader and everything then use the RUU to update to the current version? I am not sure if I can do it following that method. To relock it anyway. Also to do this method do I need S-Off because I do not have S-Of.

If the toolkit has that capability, sure. As far as S-off, no, you don't need it.
18th September 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer

If the toolkit has that capability, sure. As far as S-off, no, you don't need it.

It does have the capability to relock the boot loader you just need to flash a stock backup to do so. Which is why I posted originally. The only stock backsup I can find are for version 1.54.x which I tried using but it failed to update to newer versions got the red triangle so I had to re root. to flash the current firmware. The only versions of the current firmwear I can find is stock odex and deodexed which I was told won't work. If I do it the adb way d I need to be on 1.54 or can I still be on the 2.16 rom. If I could just find a stock rom or backup (deleted mine by accident) t would be much easier.
Last edited by AdamMeetsWorld; 18th September 2014 at 10:05 AM.
18th September 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL

3,633 posts
Donate to Me
More
Here is a stock rooted ROM based off the latest OTA update. Download & flash in recovery:

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?...(Android-4-4-3)

Why again are you trying to unroot your phone?
Last edited by Magnum_Enforcer; 18th September 2014 at 10:47 AM.
18th September 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #9  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 7,905

8,253 posts
Donate to Me
More
You should be able to open a command prompt/cmd window from the toolkit.
Once open type
Code:
adb devices
This should return your serial number with Device next to it
If it does type
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Once in bootloader type
Code:
fastboot oem lock
Then run the RUU in post 4 Magnum_Enforcer linked you to.
You will be completely stock afterwards
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 10:31 PM   |  #10  

11 posts
More
Willi be s-on again!!and sim lock as well

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread