[Q] need help getting back to stock on hk version

OP Jeffymclovin

21st August 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
hey yall I been searching and reading all forums on going back to stock. theres only regular sprint htc m8 version and nothing on the hk edition so I can get the new ota and remain on stock. ive lost my back up file when I upload a custom rom. ive tried a bunch of things like using ruu and that but kept getting an error like a 32 and a 99. I cant get the s-on to turn off to get more. idk if im doing something wrong or what but im hoping someone can shine some light this way and help me out. yes I tired the sunshine apk but it pops up need based rom etc. so.........
21st August 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 10,056

11,299 posts
Donate to Me
More
You have to relock to use an RUU when you're still S-ON, and you must make sure that you're using an HK RUU.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

You have to relock to use an RUU when you're still S-ON, and you must make sure that you're using an HK RUU.

not to seem stupid but this is a learning process for me coming from iphone to android. so when u say relock u mean bootloader? n do I need to have original recovery. and when I do the ruu im using fastboot it wont cuz me to have an error again right?
21st August 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bensalem, PA

11,299 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffymclovin

not to seem stupid but this is a learning process for me coming from iphone to android. so when u say relock u mean bootloader? n do I need to have original recovery. and when I do the ruu im using fastboot it wont cuz me to have an error again right?

Yes, relock the bootloader (fastboot oem lock). That'll prevent the error 92 or whichever it was. It doesn't matter what recovery is on there, as the RUU will overwrite it with stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:

Yes, relock the bootloader (fastboot oem lock). That'll prevent the error 92 or whichever it was. It doesn't matter what recovery is on there, as the RUU will overwrite it with stock.

ok im gonna give that a try right now
22nd August 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:

ok I relocked the bootloader and fastboot the Sprint_HTC_One_M8_Harman_2.16.654.4_RUU it still wouldn't let me go any further {failed<remote: 12 signature verify fail>} is what I got
22nd August 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #7  
Flag Bensalem, PA

11,299 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

ok I relocked the bootloader and fastboot the Sprint_HTC_One_M8_Harman_2.16.654.4_RUU it still wouldn't let me go any further {failed<remote: 12 signature verify fail>} is what I got

Did you review the instructions on how to flash it? I believe you extract the 0P6BIMG.zip from the larger zip file, and put it on your external SD.
22nd August 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:

Did you review the instructions on how to flash it? I believe you extract the 0P6BIMG.zip from the larger zip file, and put it on your external SD.

yea it would kinda help if I read the instructions the right way lol I finally got it back to normal I greatly appreciate it my man but do got one more thing tho the s-on am I able to use firewater to get it off now or use sunshine apk cuz I was also having issues with that too
22nd August 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #9  
Flag Bensalem, PA

11,299 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

yea it would kinda help if I read the instructions the right way lol I finally got it back to normal I greatly appreciate it my man but do got one more thing tho the s-on am I able to use firewater to get it off now or use sunshine apk cuz I was also having issues with that too

You can try Firewater, but most likely you'll need to use SunShine.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread