FORUMS

[Q] How to get USB Tethering?

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By fuzzy002, Junior Member on 4th September 2014, 05:40 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey all,

Recently rooted my HTC One (M8) and I'm looking to get USB tethering working. What is the most efficient way to do this? I keep seeing a lot of threads for Wi-Fi tethering but nothing about USB tethering.

I have the TWRP recovery.
S-ON. Not going to jump on the Sunshine bandwagon unless I have to.
Would flashing ClockWorkMod recovery do the trick? If I recall USB tethering is built into that...

-Also when people mention '1.5x+ base' what are they talking about? Base... of...?

5th September 2014, 12:26 AM |#2  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 13,417

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy002

Hey all,

Recently rooted my HTC One (M8) and I'm looking to get USB tethering working. What is the most efficient way to do this? I keep seeing a lot of threads for Wi-Fi tethering but nothing about USB tethering.

I have the TWRP recovery.
S-ON. Not going to jump on the Sunshine bandwagon unless I have to.
Would flashing ClockWorkMod recovery do the trick? If I recall USB tethering is built into that...

-Also when people mention '1.5x+ base' what are they talking about? Base... of...?

I have this stock in my ROM:

Not sure why you don't have it . . .
5th September 2014, 02:11 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

I have this stock in my ROM:

Not sure why you don't have it . . .

I have that too, but it requires a Sprint subscription. Is there a way to circumvent that? Much like how others are doing with the Wi-Fi tether?
5th September 2014, 02:12 AM |#4  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 13,417

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy002

I have that too, but it requires a Sprint subscription. Is there a way to circumvent that? Much like how others are doing with the Wi-Fi tether?

I wouldn't know. I have a paid tethering plan.
5th September 2014, 02:25 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 194

Donate to Me
More
try the hotspot hack, here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2712222 it deals with wireless but he subscription circumventing should work across all 3 kinds of tethering if not try a custom rom, i use the gpe port and its flawless exept maybe for miracast which i havent re-tested
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread