OP the_darkwing_duck

20th November 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag North Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Can I lose 'Network Unlock'?
Suppose I take a Nandroid Backup, Unlock, and restore backup-- do I lose the Unlock?
What about if I install a new ROM?
If I convert to GPE?
etc...

The question comes from the perspective of I want to do the above, and not lose the Unlock...
21st November 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #2  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 23

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_darkwing_duck

Can I lose 'Network Unlock'?
Suppose I take a Nandroid Backup, Unlock, and restore backup-- do I lose the Unlock?
What about if I install a new ROM?
If I convert to GPE?
etc...

The question comes from the perspective of I want to do the above, and not lose the Unlock...

Not sure what you're referring to when you say network unlock, but if you mean unlocking your boot loader thru HTC dev then no.
21st November 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag North Vancouver

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjozo

Not sure what you're referring to when you say network unlock, but if you mean unlocking your boot loader thru HTC dev then no.

Sorry, if that was not clear.
When I talk about 'Network Unlock' I am referring to the practice of a carrier locking the phone to their network.
I my case I have a Rogers M8 and want to use a T-Mobile (Germany) sim. When I put the sim in the phone requests a network unlock code.
I have the code from Rogers, but it fails. This _could_ be related to using a custom ROM (slimkat). If I revert to stock, to unlock can I just restore a nandroid backup of slink at and remain unlocked?

(Can I move this post? Not sure why it ended up in the M8 Sprint forum)
Last edited by the_darkwing_duck; 21st November 2014 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Edit: typo
22nd November 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag North Vancouver

10 posts
More
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjozo

Quote:

Sorry, if that was not clear.
When I talk about 'Network Unlock' I am referring to the practice of a carrier locking the phone to their network.
I my case I have a Rogers M8 and want to use a T-Mobile (Germany) sim. When I put the sim in the phone requests a network unlock code.
I have the code from Rogers, but it fails. This _could_ be related to using a custom ROM (slimkat). If I revert to stock, to unlock can I just restore a nandroid backup of slink at and remain unlocked?

(Can I move this post? Not sure why it ended up in the M8 Sprint forum)

For the benefit of anyone looking for the answer:
I did a nandroid, installed the stock ROM 'from revolution', inserted the new sim and unlocked the lock, restored nan droid. The unlock remains unlocked.
22nd November 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #5  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 111

370 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

For the benefit of anyone looking for the answer:
I did a nandroid, installed the stock ROM 'from revolution', inserted the new sim and unlocked the lock, restored nan droid. The unlock remains unlocked.

The unlock remains as long as you won't do the factory reset with the code in Dialer. I did once and everything was gone. Some code line ##????#

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread