Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,461 Members 47,150 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

M8 vs S5 Radio?

Tip us?

bob2300nx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default M8 vs S5 Radio?

Sprint coverage in my area is pretty bad but I get a great deal (employee hook up) so I am keeping it. S5 and M8 are both great phones but I was wondering if anyone knows how their radios compare? With poor coverage even alittle bit better would probably make a difference (drop call).

kwolf
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2300nx View Post
Sprint coverage in my area is pretty bad but I get a great deal (employee hook up) so I am keeping it. S5 and M8 are both great phones but I was wondering if anyone knows how their radios compare? With poor coverage even alittle bit better would probably make a difference (drop call).
Samsung radios are always better than HTC in my experience. That said, the M8 has one of the best radios HTC has come up with - way better than the M7. I would imagine the S5 still has better reception due to it not being a metal phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bob2300nx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwolf View Post
Samsung radios are always better than HTC in my experience. That said, the M8 has one of the best radios HTC has come up with - way better than the M7. I would imagine the S5 still has better reception due to it not being a metal phone.
Thanks for all your help. This was for my sister and I ended up getting her the M8. Its just to awesome to pass up and was $50 cheaper. She loves the speakers and panorama. Ill just keep using my M7 like a peasant lol

gutrrob
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I tested my M8 signal with my wife's S5 with Signalcheck and both have the same dBm!

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

AarSyl
Old
Thanks Meter 724
Actually, my M8 likes LTE more than my wife's S5, interestingly enough...

gunfromsako
Old
Thanks Meter 975
I get SOLID LTE with my new m8 hk... My S3 would go in and out of coverage constantly. Loving my new phone
Nah that's the beat to funky town..
Lose data or slow connectivity ? My guide for EPST / On device prl flashing