Missing files?

OP Vvh

20th August 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Endsville
Thanks Meter: 9

108 posts
More
Has anyone experienced missing files on their sdcard or internal? I'm going through my gallery (Quickpic) and noticed an entire folder I had is gone, along with a few others. I also used ES File Explorer to see if they were there, and tried connecting it to my computer via USB, and nothing. Got a few backup apks missing too...

Is there anyway to get these files back?
Last edited by Vvh; 20th August 2014 at 01:11 AM.
20th August 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 73

380 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vvh

Has anyone experienced missing files on their sdcard or internal? I'm going through my gallery (Quickpic) and noticed an entire folder I had is gone, along with a few others. I also used ES File Explorer to see if they were there, and tried connecting it to my computer via USB, and nothing. Got a few backup apks missing too...

Is there anyway to get these files back?

I've experienced some of my apps just randomly disappearing when I take out my SD card and put it back in then I have to reinstall them. The icons still remain on my home screen but the apps won't run. As far as pictures go, no I've never had anything of the sort happen, not even things such as .txt files.
20th August 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Endsville

108 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz

I've experienced some of my apps just randomly disappearing when I take out my SD card and put it back in then I have to reinstall them. The icons still remain on my home screen but the apps won't run. As far as pictures go, no I've never had anything of the sort happen, not even things such as .txt files.

Before my pictures went missing, an entire folder full of fdroid apps disappeared, I thought I had deleted them by mistake, however, now that an entire folder of pictures is missing, I'm sure my phone is deleting things off of it somehow... Suppose I'll format it all and flash a new rom.
20th August 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #4  
Flag Lima, OH
Thanks Meter: 191

412 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vvh

Before my pictures went missing, an entire folder full of fdroid apps disappeared, I thought I had deleted them by mistake, however, now that an entire folder of pictures is missing, I'm sure my phone is deleting things off of it somehow... Suppose I'll format it all and flash a new rom.

Before you format you could always try one of the numerous sd card file recovery tools out there.
Something like this.
20th August 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Endsville

108 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjam99

Before you format you could always try one of the numerous sd card file recovery tools out there.
Something like this.

I tried a few from the playstore to no avail. Though they did work, they didn't pull any of the recently missing files, just incredibly old and mostly corrupt files. I'll save this one for next time though (because with computers, there's always a next time x_x ), thank you though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread