Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,758 Members 46,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Missing files?

Tip us?

Vvh
Old
(Last edited by Vvh; 20th August 2014 at 12:11 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Missing files?

Has anyone experienced missing files on their sdcard or internal? I'm going through my gallery (Quickpic) and noticed an entire folder I had is gone, along with a few others. I also used ES File Explorer to see if they were there, and tried connecting it to my computer via USB, and nothing. Got a few backup apks missing too...

Is there anyway to get these files back?
Sprint HTC One (M8) | Bad Boyz Sprint ONE M8 ROM 4.4.3 Sense 6

S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vvh View Post
Has anyone experienced missing files on their sdcard or internal? I'm going through my gallery (Quickpic) and noticed an entire folder I had is gone, along with a few others. I also used ES File Explorer to see if they were there, and tried connecting it to my computer via USB, and nothing. Got a few backup apks missing too...

Is there anyway to get these files back?
I've experienced some of my apps just randomly disappearing when I take out my SD card and put it back in then I have to reinstall them. The icons still remain on my home screen but the apps won't run. As far as pictures go, no I've never had anything of the sort happen, not even things such as .txt files.
Current devices
-----------------------------------------------------------------
VZW HTC One M8 w ViperROM 1.8.0, CheckM8 2.8GHz kernel & TWRP 2.7.1.0 (S-OFF & SuperCID)
Nexus 7 w Cyanogenmod 11

Vvh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
I've experienced some of my apps just randomly disappearing when I take out my SD card and put it back in then I have to reinstall them. The icons still remain on my home screen but the apps won't run. As far as pictures go, no I've never had anything of the sort happen, not even things such as .txt files.
Before my pictures went missing, an entire folder full of fdroid apps disappeared, I thought I had deleted them by mistake, however, now that an entire folder of pictures is missing, I'm sure my phone is deleting things off of it somehow... Suppose I'll format it all and flash a new rom.

jayjam99
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vvh View Post
Before my pictures went missing, an entire folder full of fdroid apps disappeared, I thought I had deleted them by mistake, however, now that an entire folder of pictures is missing, I'm sure my phone is deleting things off of it somehow... Suppose I'll format it all and flash a new rom.
Before you format you could always try one of the numerous sd card file recovery tools out there.
Something like this.

Vvh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjam99 View Post
Before you format you could always try one of the numerous sd card file recovery tools out there.
Something like this.
I tried a few from the playstore to no avail. Though they did work, they didn't pull any of the recently missing files, just incredibly old and mostly corrupt files. I'll save this one for next time though (because with computers, there's always a next time x_x ), thank you though.