Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,296 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New OTA

Tip us?

mumbles202
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default New OTA

My wife just started getting the notifications about the ota that is now available. Wondering if there are any known issues or reasons she shouldn't take it. She is stock with thgr HK addition phone.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app

Sim-X
Old
Thanks Meter 122
If you are planning to S-OFF the phone then you should always do that BEFORE doing any updates. If you already have S-OFF or don't care about S-OFF then take the update. Mine has been running great, my wi-fi connects faster now, boot time seems a little better and wi-fi calling works very well. The update does include a new version of hboot which could affect exploits.

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1810

DONATE TO ME
The SunShine S-off exploit has been updated to support the latest OTA from Sprint. Having said that, I'm seeing reports in other threads that the new update has GPS jacked up.

Sent from my HTC M8

mumbles202
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer View Post
The SunShine S-off exploit has been updated to support the latest OTA from Sprint. Having said that, I'm seeing reports in other threads that the new update has GPS jacked up.

Sent from my HTC M8
Thanks. She accidentally took the update and said so far the phone has been fine, though she said that GPS has been turning itself on randomly.