Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,015 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sprint HTC M8 stuck in boot loop and unable to access recovery

Tip us?

oats123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Sprint HTC M8 stuck in boot loop and unable to access recovery

My m8 is stuck in a boot loop and i am unable to access the recovery to factory reset the phone. Its been like this for 2 days now, and i have not found any solid help on the matter. I can get into hboot, however fastboot does not work and i cannot get into the recovery (the options are there, but when i press them they just disappear and nothing happens). If i connect the phone to my pc, the fastboot usb option shows up.

What im looking for are some step by step instructions on how to fix the matter. Ive posted on the /r/techsupport subreddit, and ive been told to either use an RUU or try and reflash a recovery, but without the instructions on how to do so.

Flashalot
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by oats123 View Post
My m8 is stuck in a boot loop and i am unable to access the recovery to factory reset the phone. Its been like this for 2 days now, and i have not found any solid help on the matter. I can get into hboot, however fastboot does not work and i cannot get into the recovery (the options are there, but when i press them they just disappear and nothing happens). If i connect the phone to my pc, the fastboot usb option shows up.

What im looking for are some step by step instructions on how to fix the matter. Ive posted on the /r/techsupport subreddit, and ive been told to either use an RUU or try and reflash a recovery, but without the instructions on how to do so.
You have some options
Non-s-off
fastboot flash a recovery with this command
Code:
fast boot flash recovery recovery.img
if your s-off
use caption_throwback's bootloader flashable twrp with your external SD card

use the Harman Kardon ruu

Sent From my Evo 3D with the dark Lords kernel