FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Anyone want an m8 with a broken screen?

4th September 2014, 09:38 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I bought my m8 back when it was released and unfortunately dropped it two weeks later. I sent it back to HTC and they refused to fix it because i rooted it. I tried again and they still won't do it. I haven't used the phone for months any suggestions as to what to do with it? EBAY? Im just pissed at HTC sorry if wrong thread

Anyone think they are better at talking to the htc reps and could do it for me??(longshot i know but I'm desperate)
Last edited by dumbkid234; 4th September 2014 at 09:53 PM.
 
 
4th September 2014, 09:56 PM |#2  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 12,875
 
10
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbkid234

I bought my m8 back when it was released and unfortunately dropped it two weeks later. I sent it back to HTC and they refused to fix it because i rooted it. I tried again and they still won't do it. I haven't used the phone for months any suggestions as to what to do with it? EBAY? Im just pissed at HTC sorry if wrong thread

Anyone think they are better at talking to the htc reps and could do it for me??(longshot i know but I'm desperate)

How broken is it? You have a picture? I assume you didn't S-OFF?
4th September 2014, 10:02 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I did s-off actually but it is now back to stock and s-on say relocked on the boot loader. The phone is completely functional besides the lcd which looks like its leaking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo on 9-4-14 at 5.01 PM.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (171.8 KB, 187 views)
4th September 2014, 10:12 PM |#4  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 12,875
 
10
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbkid234

I did s-off actually but it is now back to stock and s-on say relocked on the boot loader. The phone is completely functional besides the lcd which looks like its leaking.

You should've reset that RELOCKED flag to just LOCKED while it was S-OFF. If you S-OFF it again you can still do that. I guess at this point HTC already blacklisted it though. Did you use Firewater?
4th September 2014, 10:15 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

You should've reset that RELOCKED flag to just LOCKED while it was S-OFF. If you S-OFF it again you can still do that. I guess at this point HTC already blacklisted it though. Did you use Firewater?

yeah they definitely blacklisted it i just tried again today and they know i tried to get it fixed before. I screwed myself it just sucks I've been using my old evo 3d for the last couple months.
4th September 2014, 10:18 PM |#6  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 12,875
 
10
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbkid234

yeah they definitely blacklisted it i just tried again today and they know i tried to get it fixed before. I screwed myself it just sucks I've been using my old evo 3d for the last couple months.

You could always look on eBay for a replacement screen/digitizer and try to replace it yourself. I haven't tried anything like that myself though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 10:22 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

You could always look on eBay for a replacement screen/digitizer and try to replace it yourself. I haven't tried anything like that myself though.

Btw yes i did use firewater. And yeah ill look into it but I'm broke atm and screens cost a ton just had to buy college books this phone is supposed to be extremely annoying to repair. Anyways i guess ill throw it back on my shelf thanks anyway
5th September 2014, 02:17 AM |#8  
omariscal1019's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sun Valley, CA
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
If ur giving it away ill take it lol...😎
5th September 2014, 02:35 AM |#9  
kaw900r's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag On top of the Mountain
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
$$$
How much do you want for it?
5th September 2014, 03:50 AM |#10  
Blackcircle's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag No.Virginia
Thanks Meter: 106
 
More
Don't know how hard it is to open the M8 up but you can try finding a bad esn M8 and swap the motherboard out. Just a suggestion....may not be worth the work 😱
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes