[Q] WiFi calling stock rooted ROMs ETA?

Search This thread

AntDroid25

Feb 16, 2014
hello, i was just wondering if anyone had an eta on a stock rooted rom with the latest wifi calling feature... i would really like to try this out... thanks

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
hello, i was just wondering if anyone had an eta on a stock rooted rom with the latest wifi calling feature... i would really like to try this out... thanks
First off, you never ask for ETAs.

Second, these have been available for quite a while, if you know where to look. There's an HK Edition stock rooted right in the Development forum, and a regular stock rooted here.

Don't forget to update your firmware first!

P.S. Once you enable and connect WiFi Calling, your hardware GPS will cease locking on to satellites so navigation will be next to impossible. Workaround is to disable WiFi Calling, update profile and reboot. But you'll have to do that after anytime your WiFi Calling has been active. HTC and Sprint are currently looking into the issue.

Last edited:

Sim-X

Nov 2, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
I updated to captains latest stock rooted rom last Sat. Wifi calling works great. Was a clean install of the rom and of course updated firmware. I really haven't had any desire to run a custom rom. Captains stock is super stable and of course with root access I can do enough customizing. Thanks captain

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, you never ask for ETAs.

Second, these have been available for quite a while, if you know where to look. There's an HK Edition stock rooted right in the Development forum, and a regular stock rooted here.

Don't forget to update your firmware first!

P.S. Once you enable and connect WiFi Calling, your hardware GPS will cease locking on to satellites so navigation will be next to impossible. Workaround is to disable WiFi Calling, update profile and reboot. But you'll have to do that after anytime your WiFi Calling has been active. HTC and Sprint are currently looking into the issue.