Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 48,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel] ★☆★Nocturnal's Slippery Sloth|AOSP 4.4.4|08/28/2014|★☆★

Tip us?

CRACING
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 601

DONATE TO ME
Hello @gruesomewolf,

I have small query.

Sleep to death fix is only for SmartMax govener at present or have you fixed the issue on all the govener's?

Thanks...
Best Regards

!!! Read here about how to ask a question | Do not spam the board | Respect others !!!
!!! Follow the rules | Use 'search' before posting your queries | Post in the correct sections !!!

MarkBell
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruesomewolf View Post
New build is up. Hopefully it fixes some previous issues....
Great job on the new Kernel, man! After I finally got my problems with TWRP solved (couldn't flash anything for several days), I installed the latest Kernel last night and am currently using it with the latest Pacman ROM nightly. No more dead screens! Woopie!

I do have one question. I've noticed that my CPU settings in Kernel Tweaker sometimes change on their own. This carried over from the old version. This happens even after setting debugging mode.

Like I'll set it on smartassv2 with the CPU Max Frequency set to the highest setting and the CPU min at the lowest possible setting, and it will stay there a while, but I'll come back later on and see that it's on intellidemand with 1890 mhz as the max. Sometimes it knocks itself even lower to like ~1500 mhz.

Anything I should do to troubleshoot this?

gruesomewolf
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 7,971

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBell View Post
Great job on the new Kernel, man! After I finally got my problems with TWRP solved (couldn't flash anything for several days), I installed the latest Kernel last night and am currently using it with the latest Pacman ROM nightly. No more dead screens! Woopie!

I do have one question. I've noticed that my CPU settings in Kernel Tweaker sometimes change on their own. This carried over from the old version. This happens even after setting debugging mode.

Like I'll set it on smartassv2 with the CPU Max Frequency set to the highest setting and the CPU min at the lowest possible setting, and it will stay there a while, but I'll come back later on and see that it's on intellidemand with 1890 mhz as the max. Sometimes it knocks itself even lower to like ~1500 mhz.

Anything I should do to troubleshoot this?
All of that stuff is controlled through scripts. If you want to control it with an app instead you have to remove the slothy_AOSP.conf, from system etc. As well as slothy init.d script. Otherwise the scripts will continue to override the values you set.
Ultimately you could just use the scripts.... That's what I made them for. Open the slothy_AOSP.conf and you will see how easily you can set those values yourself without the use of an app.

MarkBell
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
All of that stuff is controlled through scripts. If you want to control it with an app instead you have to remove the slothy_AOSP.conf, from system etc. As well as slothy init.d script. Otherwise the scripts will continue to override the values you set.
Ultimately you could just use the scripts.... That's what I made them for. Open the slothy_AOSP.conf and you will see how easily you can set those values yourself without the use of an app.
Thank you gruesomewolf. I am new to the whole Kernel thing, so I had no idea about nay of that stuff. I'll open that up and take a look. Thanks so much!

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote:
All right! It's working great and the script is super easy, even for someone new to kernels like me! Thanks so much. TricksterMod is going to the garbage.

Bseagull
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Okay so I tried using this along with Noctunals GPE v6.1. When it booted, any pop up menu (the gray ones such as "ANdroid is Upgrading") made the screen go completely whack, like zig zagged like an old TV turning off, except it stayed like that. Pulling down the menu was also extremely weird, it pulled down sort of like large tiles going down left to right.

I didn't even get to try anything else because then it crashed and I just reflashed the ROM to get back to the stock kernel. Any ideas what could have caused this?

gruesomewolf
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 7,971

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bseagull View Post
Okay so I tried using this along with Noctunals GPE v6.1. When it booted, any pop up menu (the gray ones such as "ANdroid is Upgrading") made the screen go completely whack, like zig zagged like an old TV turning off, except it stayed like that. Pulling down the menu was also extremely weird, it pulled down sort of like large tiles going down left to right.

I didn't even get to try anything else because then it crashed and I just reflashed the ROM to get back to the stock kernel. Any ideas what could have caused this?
Yeah..... The gpe does not use an aosp kernel. There not even close to being the same source code.
The gpe comes with an already feature packed kernel, so no talk need to flash a different one anyway.

Bseagull
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Yeah..... The gpe does not use an aosp kernel. There not even close to being the same source code.
The gpe comes with an already feature packed kernel, so no talk need to flash a different one anyway.
Well that would explain that then. All good now, though. Thanks!