Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE] Obtaining S-OFF on Sprint HTC One HBOOT 1.57

OP Pew446

1st September 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
I had some trouble getting S-OFF using HBOOT 1.57, and I finally got it. Here is what I did in hopes someone may find it useful:

Before you Begin:

If you get stuck at the white HTC Logo when booting or you get "Process com.htc.dialer isn't responding" at any point in this guide, or even before it, you are likely missing your Radio. (I don't know exactly how this happens, but it apparently does sometimes.) I had this problem once, and flashing the latest radio from here in recovery fixed it.

Steps:
  1. Flash this ROM. (Other ROMs may work, but this one gave me no trouble at all)
  2. Flash this Kernel. <-- Important! Firewater will fail if you don't do this!
  3. Follow the Firewater Instructions to obtain S-OFF. It should work the very first time. (Use the "normal, rooted device method" set of instructions.)

You should now be S-OFF! After this, you can proceed to flash your favorite ROMs Kernels, and HBOOTs. If you would like to downgrade to HBOOT 1.44 (I did), you can find the files here.

Please post if this works for you or if you need help. Thanks to all the developers who made this possible! :)
Last edited by Pew446; 1st September 2014 at 10:31 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pew446 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Smile Thank you very so much
thank you very much you helped me save my htc was like brick but since I got resurrect from your guide
5th September 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branchys

thank you very much you helped me save my htc was like brick but since I got resurrect from your guide

Awesome! Glad I could help.
14th September 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #4  

13 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pew446

I had some trouble getting S-OFF using HBOOT 1.57, and I finally got it. Here is what I did in hopes someone may find it useful:

Before you Begin:

If you get stuck at the white HTC Logo when booting or you get "Process com.htc.dialer isn't responding" at any point in this guide, or even before it, you are likely missing your Radio. (I don't know exactly how this happens, but it apparently does sometimes.) I had this problem once, and flashing the latest radio from here in recovery fixed it.

Steps:

1. Flash this ROM. (Other ROMs may work, but this one gave me no trouble at all)
  2. Flash this Kernel. <-- Important! Firewater will fail if you don't do this!
  3. Follow the Firewater Instructions to obtain S-OFF. It should work the very first time. (Use the "normal, rooted device method" set of instructions.)

You should now be S-OFF! After this, you can proceed to flash your favorite ROMs Kernels, and HBOOTs. If you would like to downgrade to HBOOT 1.44 (I did), you can find the files here.

Please post if this works for you or if you need help. Thanks to all the developers who made this possible!

Hi, what specific ROM and Kernel version did you use to get Firewater to work? I have flashed rom Bad_Boyz_Sprint_ONE_Sense_6_v1.0 and Kernel ElementalX-sprint-m7-13.1 but USB debugging is not working and Firewater is not working properly, I am guessing its a kernel issue. I leave everything on default while installing Kernel thru TWRP. Can you confirm? I appreciate the help
14th September 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #5  
Flag Hyderabad, Telangana
Thanks Meter: 175

597 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielGalan

Hi, what specific ROM and Kernel version did you use to get Firewater to work? I have flashed rom Bad_Boyz_Sprint_ONE_Sense_6_v1.0 and Kernel ElementalX-sprint-m7-13.1 but USB debugging is not working and Firewater is not working properly, I am guessing its a kernel issue. I leave everything on default while installing Kernel thru TWRP. Can you confirm? I appreciate the help

Did you check if your fastboot drivers are working?
14th September 2014, 05:31 AM   |  #6  

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight

Did you check if your fastboot drivers are working?

Yes, I did fastboot devices and I got the device listed there. Although I could see that in the phone it does not appear the 4 bars of USB debugging. I had it checked in the Dev Options. When I do the same with the stock 4.4.2 I do get those 4 bars and the indication that the USB debugging is active.
14th September 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #7  
Flag Hyderabad, Telangana
Thanks Meter: 175

597 posts
More
Quote:

Yes, I did fastboot devices and I got the device listed there. Although I could see that in the phone it does not appear the 4 bars of USB debugging. I had it checked in the Dev Options. When I do the same with the stock 4.4.2 I do get those 4 bars and the indication that the USB debugging is active.

Does fastboot devices work in the bootloader?
14th September 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #8  

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight

Does fastboot devices work in the bootloader?

Yes it gets recognized. But when I turn on the phone and try to run the firewater commands it does nothing. No error nor the prompt of the disclaimer. I thought I better asked you and see if you have any idea of what could be wrong.
14th September 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #9  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 1,411

3,336 posts
More
Quote:

Yes it gets recognized. But when I turn on the phone and try to run the firewater commands it does nothing. No error nor the prompt of the disclaimer. I thought I better asked you and see if you have any idea of what could be wrong.

firewater, I believe runs with the phone booted into android, not fastboot.
14th September 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #10  

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo101t

firewater, I believe runs with the phone booted into android, not fastboot.

Yeah. I just booted to fastboot to check the drivers. When I push the firewater file I get success. Its just the last command that does no action.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread