5,815,061 Members 37,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Obtaining S-OFF on Sprint HTC One HBOOT 1.57

Tip us?

Pew446
Old
(Last edited by Pew446; 1st September 2014 at 09:31 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default [GUIDE] Obtaining S-OFF on Sprint HTC One HBOOT 1.57

I had some trouble getting S-OFF using HBOOT 1.57, and I finally got it. Here is what I did in hopes someone may find it useful:

Before you Begin:

If you get stuck at the white HTC Logo when booting or you get "Process com.htc.dialer isn't responding" at any point in this guide, or even before it, you are likely missing your Radio. (I don't know exactly how this happens, but it apparently does sometimes.) I had this problem once, and flashing the latest radio from here in recovery fixed it.

Steps:
  1. Flash this ROM. (Other ROMs may work, but this one gave me no trouble at all)
  2. Flash this Kernel. <-- Important! Firewater will fail if you don't do this!
  3. Follow the Firewater Instructions to obtain S-OFF. It should work the very first time. (Use the "normal, rooted device method" set of instructions.)

You should now be S-OFF! After this, you can proceed to flash your favorite ROMs Kernels, and HBOOTs. If you would like to downgrade to HBOOT 1.44 (I did), you can find the files here.

Please post if this works for you or if you need help. Thanks to all the developers who made this possible! :)
The Following User Says Thank You to Pew446 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Branchys
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Thank you very so much

thank you very much you helped me save my htc was like brick but since I got resurrect from your guide

Pew446
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branchys View Post
thank you very much you helped me save my htc was like brick but since I got resurrect from your guide
Awesome! Glad I could help.

DanielGalan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pew446 View Post
I had some trouble getting S-OFF using HBOOT 1.57, and I finally got it. Here is what I did in hopes someone may find it useful:

Before you Begin:

If you get stuck at the white HTC Logo when booting or you get "Process com.htc.dialer isn't responding" at any point in this guide, or even before it, you are likely missing your Radio. (I don't know exactly how this happens, but it apparently does sometimes.) I had this problem once, and flashing the latest radio from here in recovery fixed it.

Steps:
  1. Flash this ROM. (Other ROMs may work, but this one gave me no trouble at all)
  2. Flash this Kernel. <-- Important! Firewater will fail if you don't do this!
  3. Follow the Firewater Instructions to obtain S-OFF. It should work the very first time. (Use the "normal, rooted device method" set of instructions.)

You should now be S-OFF! After this, you can proceed to flash your favorite ROMs Kernels, and HBOOTs. If you would like to downgrade to HBOOT 1.44 (I did), you can find the files here.

Please post if this works for you or if you need help. Thanks to all the developers who made this possible!
Hi, what specific ROM and Kernel version did you use to get Firewater to work? I have flashed rom Bad_Boyz_Sprint_ONE_Sense_6_v1.0 and Kernel ElementalX-sprint-m7-13.1 but USB debugging is not working and Firewater is not working properly, I am guessing its a kernel issue. I leave everything on default while installing Kernel thru TWRP. Can you confirm? I appreciate the help

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielGalan View Post
Hi, what specific ROM and Kernel version did you use to get Firewater to work? I have flashed rom Bad_Boyz_Sprint_ONE_Sense_6_v1.0 and Kernel ElementalX-sprint-m7-13.1 but USB debugging is not working and Firewater is not working properly, I am guessing its a kernel issue. I leave everything on default while installing Kernel thru TWRP. Can you confirm? I appreciate the help
Did you check if your fastboot drivers are working?

DanielGalan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight View Post
Did you check if your fastboot drivers are working?
Yes, I did fastboot devices and I got the device listed there. Although I could see that in the phone it does not appear the 4 bars of USB debugging. I had it checked in the Dev Options. When I do the same with the stock 4.4.2 I do get those 4 bars and the indication that the USB debugging is active.

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Yes, I did fastboot devices and I got the device listed there. Although I could see that in the phone it does not appear the 4 bars of USB debugging. I had it checked in the Dev Options. When I do the same with the stock 4.4.2 I do get those 4 bars and the indication that the USB debugging is active.
Does fastboot devices work in the bootloader?

DanielGalan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight View Post
Does fastboot devices work in the bootloader?
Yes it gets recognized. But when I turn on the phone and try to run the firewater commands it does nothing. No error nor the prompt of the disclaimer. I thought I better asked you and see if you have any idea of what could be wrong.

Aldo101t
Old
Thanks Meter 1,302
Quote:
Yes it gets recognized. But when I turn on the phone and try to run the firewater commands it does nothing. No error nor the prompt of the disclaimer. I thought I better asked you and see if you have any idea of what could be wrong.
firewater, I believe runs with the phone booted into android, not fastboot.

DanielGalan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo101t View Post
firewater, I believe runs with the phone booted into android, not fastboot.
Yeah. I just booted to fastboot to check the drivers. When I push the firewater file I get success. Its just the last command that does no action.