[SOLVED]Need assistance!

Search This thread

M4rin3r

Aug 12, 2013
Ok so this is the rundown. Ran Fix Contexts in TWRP recovery no longer could get phone to connect to pc to read SD card period. Ran several apps that didn't fix SD card permissions. wiped phone completely including DATA, SYSTEM, and SDCARD. had a custom rom on the phone didnt think it would wipe its wiped.
Im in TWRP no adb sideload, no fastboot from bootloader. something with file permissions is preventing phone from even being seen by PC. and no its not USB issues i tried to run RUU. it cant even see my phone. No one can even provide a suggestion i can still do terminal from TWRP but it has something to do with me using the fix contexts that screwed it up.

Last edited:

M4rin3r

Aug 12, 2013
really no one has a suggestion? i have access to TWRP recovery and can run terminal commands i just need something to fix what ever fix contexts did so i can get access to usb functionality. please? if looked all over google and there is no one with this issue. every topic points to adb sideload and fastboot working but usb doesnt work in my case due to use of fix contexts.

M4rin3r

Aug 12, 2013
really no one has a suggestion? i have access to TWRP recovery and can run terminal commands i just need something to fix what ever fix contexts did so i can get access to usb functionality. please? if looked all over google and there is no one with this issue. every topic points to adb sideload and fastboot working but usb doesnt work in my case due to use of fix contexts.

i solved it mysself no thanks to a forum that supposed to help and yet im a noob at this ****.

for those of you who have done as i did and bricked the phone.
go into twrp recovery and go to terminal
Code:
busybox
echo "persist.service.adb.enable=1" >> default.prop 
echo "persist.service.debuggable=1" >> default.prop
echo "persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb" >> default.prop

Reboot phone to see if it worked. then try to see if you can use adb on pc to sideload a rom.

Reactions: coal686

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
i solved it mysself no thanks to a forum that supposed to help and yet im a noob at this ****.

Code:
busybox

Reboot phone to see if it worked. then try to see if you can use adb on pc to sideload a rom.
Well, I could have come in here and pretended I've seen this before, but honestly, I've never run Fix Contexts in TWRP (in fact, I've never heard of it). You've got to remember that most of us know what we know either through our own bad experiences or by following how others fixed their bad experiences. So, I appreciate that you marked it solved and put how you solved it in this thread. Next time someone has the same issue, I'll know where to look for a solution.

M4rin3r

Aug 12, 2013
Well, I could have come in here and pretended I've seen this before, but honestly, I've never run Fix Contexts in TWRP (in fact, I've never heard of it). You've got to remember that most of us know what we know either through our own bad experiences or by following how others fixed their bad experiences. So, I appreciate that you marked it solved and put how you solved it in this thread. Next time someone has the same issue, I'll know where to look for a solution.

Its also known as fix permissions.

Reactions: coal686

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    busybox

Its also known as fix permissions.