Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,571 Members 54,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bad Boyz Rom manually restarting

Tip us?

LettuceFace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bad Boyz Rom manually restarting

Hey all,

For the past month or so, I've been having an issue with my Bad Boyz Sprint ONE KitKat v1.2 rom, where it manually restarts continuously for no reason apparent to me. I've wiped and reflashed twice, but the manual restarting continues. I've tried installing the Bad Boyz ONE Sense 6 v1.0 to replace the kit kat version but it continually fails in TWRP. People suggested on the main thread that flashing the newest firmware could help, but the guides I've found to flash new firmware require S-OFF, which I do not have. So my two questions are

A) is the KitKat v1.2 manual restart loop a known problem there is a solution for?

or B) Is there a way to flash the newest firmware for the phone with S-On, and if so, how do I do it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I can reply to this thread with additional details as needed. Thanks.

-Lettuceface

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by LettuceFace View Post
Hey all,

For the past month or so, I've been having an issue with my Bad Boyz Sprint ONE KitKat v1.2 rom, where it manually restarts continuously for no reason apparent to me. I've wiped and reflashed twice, but the manual restarting continues. I've tried installing the Bad Boyz ONE Sense 6 v1.0 to replace the kit kat version but it continually fails in TWRP. People suggested on the main thread that flashing the newest firmware could help, but the guides I've found to flash new firmware require S-OFF, which I do not have. So my two questions are

A) is the KitKat v1.2 manual restart loop a known problem there is a solution for?

or B) Is there a way to flash the newest firmware for the phone with S-On, and if so, how do I do it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I can reply to this thread with additional details as needed. Thanks.

-Lettuceface
Update SuperSU, should fix it. Here is the link: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Download that zip, and flash it in recovery.

LettuceFace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight View Post
Update SuperSU, should fix it. Here is the link: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Download that zip, and flash it in recovery.
Thank you, sir. I was able to update it after getting the most recent TWRP and then I was able to get the Sense 6.0 which I'm using right now. SOOO NICE!

-Curtis

tdhite
Old
Thanks Meter 1892

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LettuceFace View Post
" ... it continually fails in TWRP ..."
Go get the TWRP here -- you'll likely be a happier with performance, off-line charging notifications, etc.

If you wonder how it came about that we have an enhanced TWRP, look here.