Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Chronic phone problems. Want to nuke the whole thing and start again.

OP gothmog1114

21st August 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
I have had inklings that something was a little off with my installation for a little bit. It has always been like pulling teeth to get a rom installed on my htc one, and for the most part I had to sideload everything I wanted to install.

I ran a snapshot of cyanogen for a while, but my phone refused to update to new versions. I got frustrated and installed the nocturnal GPE rom which worked fine for a few months, but recently would not connect to the networks. I attempted to run the factory reset command from TWRP, but the phone hung for an hour trying to erase the cache. Then when I restarted the phone, instead of seeing the boot screen for the GPE rom I had most recently installed, I saw the cyanogen boot screen.

I have had little luck reinstalling roms since then and also have some problems with the recoveries. I have to install CWM or whatever recovery I dont have installed to even get sideloading to work. I've installed the nocturnal GPE rom again, but when it gets to the screen to select English it just restarts without warning.

Right now I just want to know if it is possible to nuke everything but the bootloader and just start fresh from factory settings. I want the nightmare to be over!

I have done everything in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...7/post54949931
21st August 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hyderabad, Telangana
Thanks Meter: 175

595 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothmog1114

I have had inklings that something was a little off with my installation for a little bit. It has always been like pulling teeth to get a rom installed on my htc one, and for the most part I had to sideload everything I wanted to install.

I ran a snapshot of cyanogen for a while, but my phone refused to update to new versions. I got frustrated and installed the nocturnal GPE rom which worked fine for a few months, but recently would not connect to the networks. I attempted to run the factory reset command from TWRP, but the phone hung for an hour trying to erase the cache. Then when I restarted the phone, instead of seeing the boot screen for the GPE rom I had most recently installed, I saw the cyanogen boot screen.

I have had little luck reinstalling roms since then and also have some problems with the recoveries. I have to install CWM or whatever recovery I dont have installed to even get sideloading to work. I've installed the nocturnal GPE rom again, but when it gets to the screen to select English it just restarts without warning.

Right now I just want to know if it is possible to nuke everything but the bootloader and just start fresh from factory settings. I want the nightmare to be over!

I have done everything in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...7/post54949931

Follow this guide.
22nd August 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight

Follow this guide.

I tried that. When flashing the firmware, I get (bootloader) read zipped android_info fail. FAILED (remote: 99 unknown fail)
22nd August 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #4  

595 posts
More
Quote:

I tried that. When flashing the firmware, I get (bootloader) read zipped android_info fail. FAILED (remote: 99 unknown fail)

Could you screenshot the bootloader for me?
22nd August 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

56 posts
More
Maybe you've got a whacked recovery. Reflash from fastboot from an md5 verified .img (make sure its m7wls version of TWRP). You should have no problems wiping any partition from within.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xenosis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight

Could you screenshot the bootloader for me?

http://imgur.com/GwCBmpe
24th August 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #7  

595 posts
More
Quote:

http://imgur.com/GwCBmpe

Are you using a Windows 8 computer? If so, try it with Windows 7. If you're using Windows 7, try a different port (preferably a USB 2.0 port).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogen, nocturnal
Previous Thread Next Thread