Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 41,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Experience with WiFi calling?

Tip us?

richjolliff
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Experience with WiFi calling?

Since Sprint has chosen for now to leave us out of the WiFi calling update, I decided to jump and use voipvoip with our resident WiFi calling. Seems to work pretty good. If you use WiFi calling, what has been your experience on the HTC one?

weidnerj
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by richjolliff View Post
Since Sprint has chosen for now to leave us out of the WiFi calling update, I decided to jump and use voipvoip with our resident WiFi calling. Seems to work pretty good. If you use WiFi calling, what has been your experience on the HTC one?
I have the HTC One M8 with WIFI calling. It works pretty good. Had an issue and had to reprovision my phone. My office has limited connectivity with brick building and even with the airave, WIFI calling has been super clear and for the most part simple to use. Plan on using on Monday when I go to the doctor's office. My phone and the girlfriends phone didn't have connectivity last weekend while waiting but they have WIFI.

I didn't know the M7 wasn't getting the WIFI update - was looking forward to it for my girlfriend's phone.

richjolliff
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
We can set up WiFi through sip, but my understanding was Sprint was going to let us do WiFi calling from their sip?