Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 44,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELPPP Accidental internal storage wipe

Tip us?

raynefr
Old
(Last edited by raynefr; 16th August 2014 at 08:54 AM.) Reason: additional info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HELPPP Accidental internal storage wipe

ok, so i was trying to root my sprint htc one, and everything was going, ok. i unlocked the bootloader simple enough. then i wanted to back up the data, before i tried putting roms on it. well twrp kept saying i only had about 34 mb of space which made no sense since i had formatted it, and only brought back things like contacts and texts. when i checked my phone it said that i had 24gbs. so i couldnt find an answer to this anywhere so while looking through twrp i saw the wipe function. not having seen anything about it, i said, maybe if i reformat it again, itl clear up. so i hit wipe all. well after it was done it only said i had 1.2 gbs, so still confused i went to load my normal os, well i cant. because wiping everything meant the system data the os is on. i spend hours trying to find a fix, as im only able to go between the bootloader and twrp, and i see a sideload option, and after following the steps, i attempt to sideload. everything is going well. Viper looks like its about to install, until at the last second it says install fail. but now i cant even access the recovery menu. literally stuck in the boot loader option. all my contacts and pictures and stuff are backed up, so i have no problem formatting my phone to scratch if it means fixing this, but can anyone point me in the right direction???? i cant find anything on this, ive been searching through this site, and some people with similar issues solve it by sheer luck, but i have no rom back up(since i was trying to do that when i got into this problem) please please help!!!

**edit** i was able to get into twrp by using the recovery steps, though im just back to square 1. is there a guarenteed reliable sideloader that can work?

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,820

DONATE TO ME
Look HERE
Try the latest RUU first if it does not work follow the guide from the beginning it will get you fixed up.
\_(ツ)_/

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynefr View Post
ok, so i was trying to root my sprint htc one, and everything was going, ok. i unlocked the bootloader simple enough. then i wanted to back up the data, before i tried putting roms on it. well twrp kept saying i only had about 34 mb of space which made no sense since i had formatted it, and only brought back things like contacts and texts. when i checked my phone it said that i had 24gbs. so i couldnt find an answer to this anywhere so while looking through twrp i saw the wipe function. not having seen anything about it, i said, maybe if i reformat it again, itl clear up. so i hit wipe all. well after it was done it only said i had 1.2 gbs, so still confused i went to load my normal os, well i cant. because wiping everything meant the system data the os is on. i spend hours trying to find a fix, as im only able to go between the bootloader and twrp, and i see a sideload option, and after following the steps, i attempt to sideload. everything is going well. Viper looks like its about to install, until at the last second it says install fail. but now i cant even access the recovery menu. literally stuck in the boot loader option. all my contacts and pictures and stuff are backed up, so i have no problem formatting my phone to scratch if it means fixing this, but can anyone point me in the right direction???? i cant find anything on this, ive been searching through this site, and some people with similar issues solve it by sheer luck, but i have no rom back up(since i was trying to do that when i got into this problem) please please help!!!

**edit** i was able to get into twrp by using the recovery steps, though im just back to square 1. is there a guarenteed reliable sideloader that can work?
Do you still have the memory issue? If so, try running a RUU, and see if that fixes your problem.

If not, just use adb sideload to sideload a ROM. Then wipe everything except internal storage and install the ROM normally.

EDIT: Looks like @BD619 ninja'd me XD
The Following User Says Thank You to StormyNight For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,820

DONATE TO ME
BTW sideload very rarely works when you wipe your sdcard.
\_(ツ)_/

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raynefr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
Look HERE
Try the latest RUU first if it does not work follow the guide from the beginning it will get you fixed up.
hey thanks for the reply. i followed the guide and after some effort, everything seemed good, but when i was trying to load 5.03 sense 6 rom, i got to the htc start up, then it defaulted back to the bootloader..i went with the deodex version of the download, should i try the odex? or a different version all together?

raynefr
Old
(Last edited by raynefr; 16th August 2014 at 12:47 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
and now it doesnt want to boot into recovery mode either! going to try redoing the steps, but i just cant figure out what the problem is

**edit* i cant fix twrp. the title loads, but thats it. endless loop

raynefr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok i got it to seemingly work. restoring content now. sat in fron of my pc for 15 hours...not even sure where imat or if i got any closer to rooting..smh..thank you everyone who helped. if anyone comes across this

to get out of the endless cycle of recover/loading screen.. delete your twrp, or whatevs your using. even if you have the latest, just redownload it. worked for me. i guess there is a huge difference between the odex and the deodex.i had figured deodex was a more refined version, but maybe it had more complicated software. in any case, if you are at a point where you dont have a base os, and you make it this far, go with odex, it worked for me. htc is big on back up, so i was more worried about having to scrap my phone then i was regaining data, especially with most of my stuff backed up to google drive. hopefully you guys are careful.

now...about this backup issue i had in the first place. how can i fix the storage issue? i have a 32 gb phone minus partition leaves me with over 24gb..why is it going based off the separate phonememory slot? why cant i change it?