5,814,981 Members 41,592 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How can I know wich ROM can I install?

Tip us?

mariomtes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How can I know wich ROM can I install?

Hello,

I see in most of the guides I've read here on XDA that people mention that not all the ROMs are compatible with the devices and it depends in many factors, but most of the time, the information either it's not mentioned or it's confusing (for me at least)

Is there a guide of some type that I can read to learn about all this?

I want to be able to go and test as many of the ROMS around here and see wich one fits best for me, and I want to do it without bricking or semi-bricking my phone.

For example, this phone I have right now I bought it from another person and it was already been tempered with. How can I tell what has been done to the phone (without having to ask the last owner)?

Been going around all the forum but I only get more and more confused from all the comments I've read.

Thanks a lot for the pointers/help/tips or whatever you can help me with!

phonegeekjr
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Well first lets go over what was done to your phone by the previous owner. To make this a little less confusing I want you to power off your phone and when you go to power back on, hold power and the volume down key. there will be info on the screen that comes up. put that info here and I will help you.
Curent Devices

HTC ONE XL
Bootloader unlocked
S Off
HBOOT 2.18
PhoenixROM 1.0.5 but varies

Sprint HTC ONE
Bootloader unlocked
S Off
HBOOT 1.56
Viper 6.2 Sense 6

Asus TF300T