HTC Repair or Sprint?

OP Vvh

2nd July 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Endsville
Thanks Meter: 8

106 posts
More
So... I'm tired of my messed up camera with all the purple gunk. I called HTC to see if they'd repair my phone, and they said they would, however, I just wanted to ask if anyone knows who would be faster/better in fixing the camera. Sprint or HTC? I've got a trip coming up on the 28th and need my phone for it, so I'm kind of hesitant on what to do.

Regardless of either option, I guess I have to go back to stock for either option, right?
2nd July 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 218

1,085 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vvh

So... I'm tired of my messed up camera with all the purple gunk. I called HTC to see if they'd repair my phone, and they said they would, however, I just wanted to ask if anyone knows who would be faster/better in fixing the camera. Sprint or HTC? I've got a trip coming up on the 28th and need my phone for it, so I'm kind of hesitant on what to do.

Regardless of either option, I guess I have to go back to stock for either option, right?

HTC Route: You'll definitely get it fixed under warranty, but you'll have to eat the one way shipping and RUU to stock. If you're out of warranty but you're the OG owner, maybe you can fight them. You'll be out of a phone for 2 to 3 weeks.

Sprint route: You must have insurance with Sprint for them to do anything. If you do, they'll swap out your phone no prob; they shouldn't care that it's tampered. No down time. You may get another phone with the same issue (very slim chance), and it will be refurbished. No insurance = SOL.

There. Make your choice.
The Following User Says Thank You to sauprankul For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Endsville
Thanks Meter: 8

106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauprankul

HTC Route: You'll definitely get it fixed under warranty, but you'll have to eat the one way shipping and RUU to stock. If you're out of warranty but you're the OG owner, maybe you can fight them. You'll be out of a phone for 2 to 3 weeks.

Sprint route: You must have insurance with Sprint for them to do anything. If you do, they'll swap out your phone no prob; they shouldn't care that it's tampered. No down time. You may get another phone with the same issue (very slim chance), and it will be refurbished. No insurance = SOL.

There. Make your choice.

I do have the insurance with Sprint, so I think I might try your suggestion on their behalf. If I end up with the same issue, I'll go with HTC when I return from my trip.

Also, would you happen to know how to check the camera model? I've seen threads mentioning models of replaced cameras on other forums, but none go into detail on how to tell what's actually in there.

Also, thanks~
2nd July 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 218

1,085 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vvh

I do have the insurance with Sprint, so I think I might try your suggestion on their behalf. If I end up with the same issue, I'll go with HTC when I return from my trip.

Also, would you happen to know how to check the camera model? I've seen threads mentioning models of replaced cameras on other forums, but none go into detail on how to tell what's actually in there.

Also, thanks~

You should be able to check on the spot if the camera has the issue. The phone gets fairly hot while setting up, and you should place the camera face down and see if the picture is pitch black. If so, you should be fine. Else, ask if you can swap again.
As I said there's a very slim chance of the swap having the issue at this point.

Lastly, the pictures really aren't that impressive even without the defect. Really had me bummed, but at least it works now.

Good luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread