Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Local carrier FINALLY has 4G LTE but doesnt use sprint.

OP v1ral

27th July 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

309 posts
Hello everyone,
I want to to know exactly how I can implement this to my HTC one however what I've been told is that what ever Sprint devices they have sold will not able to work on this new upgrade.
I've been chatting back and fourth with an employee and he says it's a gsm based 4g LTE that's works on hspa or something that uses 1900mhz bandwidth. With that said will I be able to go ahead and convert to what my carrier uses?

Another note, I've successfully SIM unlocked but haven't had a SIM to try it out if it is unlocked, in doing the unlock will I be able to utilize this update to my carriers data speeds? All the employee said as of right now Sprint branded devices are not able to be used with the upgraded network and it uses a gsm based 4g that uses 1900mhz bands. Quite a few people are pissed about this but their normal users and do not know about root and everything associated with it, to include SIM unlocking.

Another thing the employee mentioned was they are now selling HTC one m7 and m8 that are able to utilize the network, he says they are "generic" and Verizon, what I'm thinking that they are just global versions of the device, so who ever got Sprint branded phones are screwed cause they can't upgrade to the new network.

I am hoping I can use this new found boost in data speeds locally!!
Last edited by v1ral; 27th July 2014 at 06:52 PM.
30th July 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #2  
Flag American Canyon
Thanks Meter: 338

754 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1ral

Hello everyone,
I want to to know exactly how I can implement this to my HTC one however what I've been told is that what ever Sprint devices they have sold will not able to work on this new upgrade.
I've been chatting back and fourth with an employee and he says it's a gsm based 4g LTE that's works on hspa or something that uses 1900mhz bandwidth. With that said will I be able to go ahead and convert to what my carrier uses?

Another note, I've successfully SIM unlocked but haven't had a SIM to try it out if it is unlocked, in doing the unlock will I be able to utilize this update to my carriers data speeds? All the employee said as of right now Sprint branded devices are not able to be used with the upgraded network and it uses a gsm based 4g that uses 1900mhz bands. Quite a few people are pissed about this but their normal users and do not know about root and everything associated with it, to include SIM unlocking.

Another thing the employee mentioned was they are now selling HTC one m7 and m8 that are able to utilize the network, he says they are "generic" and Verizon, what I'm thinking that they are just global versions of the device, so who ever got Sprint branded phones are screwed cause they can't upgrade to the new network.

I am hoping I can use this new found boost in data speeds locally!!

County? City? State? You provided no information here. Also from the sounds of it NO you can not convert your phone. The bands 4G uses are limited by the hardware in them, if you bought a SPRINT CDMA phone in a foreign county no one screwed anyone except you screwing yourself. You should have bought the global version directly from HTC.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kraizk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

309 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraizk

County? City? State? You provided no information here. Also from the sounds of it NO you can not convert your phone. The bands 4G uses are limited by the hardware in them, if you bought a SPRINT CDMA phone in a foreign county no one screwed anyone except you screwing yourself. You should have bought the global version directly from HTC.

Thanks.
I'm not in the states I'm located in Guam, I'm aware of the hardware limitations, but I'm wondering if the device will be able to pick up signal. I believe my carrier will be using hsdpa bands at 1900mhz and I'm under the impression that the Sprint use those

I am screwed as well as others that have gotten Sprint branded devices here, I feel for them but those people are normal users, that don't know rooting and what associated with it. I don't feel too bad about having this device at all, it's been working great, I was just waiting for my carrier to bring out something 3G data.
I was really banking on having it be able to get the upgraded speeds, and maybe help others who are on the same boat as me.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread