Messed up sim unlock ebay phone

24th August 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

453 posts
More
Ok I bought a HTC One on Ebay from someone who tried to simunlock without saying so. So now i have a phone that won't pick up my Sprint service. I tried to RUU back to stock but the only RUU that will go through was the latest 5.xxxx, I figured going back to stock would replace whatever was done to the phone and yet I am still stuck with no Sprint service. X bars. Can someone guide me back to Sprint services please. I been working on this thing for a week now. Took a week to figure out that my computer usb 3.0 was blocking me so I had to borrow someones laptop to RUU back to stock.
24th August 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hyderabad, Telangana
Thanks Meter: 163

576 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdszoke

Ok I bought a HTC One on Ebay from someone who tried to simunlock without saying so. So now i have a phone that won't pick up my Sprint service. I tried to RUU back to stock but the only RUU that will go through was the latest 5.xxxx, I figured going back to stock would replace whatever was done to the phone and yet I am still stuck with no Sprint service. X bars. Can someone guide me back to Sprint services please. I been working on this thing for a week now. Took a week to figure out that my computer usb 3.0 was blocking me so I had to borrow someones laptop to RUU back to stock.

I have no experience with this, but try repeating the steps in solution #3 here. But, of course seeing that you're from the United States, the previous owner might've used CDMA workshop or something to change the modes, so you'll have to change it back to the original settings. See this post.
24th August 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

453 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight

I have no experience with this, but try repeating the steps in solution #3 here. But, of course seeing that you're from the United States, the previous owner might've used CDMA workshop or something to change the modes, so you'll have to change it back to the original settings. See this post.

Thank you for the response. I did the first post already by RUUing back to stock. The link on your second post points to a post where someone advise to, and i quote,
"you will have to change it back to NV only. or RUIM if available."

Is this the right link? If so any ideas on how to do that?
24th August 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

453 posts
More
Quote:

Nevermind i went i click on original thread and went to first post, TY Im trying this now,
24th August 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

453 posts
More
Quote:

Wow Thank you so much!!!! I was able to to switch it back to NV only and now my cdma is working. You helped guide me to a 2 minute solution when it took me over a week of frivolous research just to lead to dead ends. Thank you once again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread