FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

One keeps vibrating after in water?

1st July 2014, 12:29 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Hi I was at the beach and forgot my phone was in my pocket and stupidly walked into the ocean

I put it into rice for a few days and dried it off but it doesn't turn on. The only thing that happens is if I plug it into the USB, a green light blinks on and off and it keeps vibrating. What does it mean? Is it saveable?
 
 
1st July 2014, 03:05 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad, Telangana
Thanks Meter: 175
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limache

Hi I was at the beach and forgot my phone was in my pocket and stupidly walked into the ocean

I put it into rice for a few days and dried it off but it doesn't turn on. The only thing that happens is if I plug it into the USB, a green light blinks on and off and it keeps vibrating. What does it mean? Is it saveable?

I think your phone is bricked. Try looking at the posts on this thread and see if it solves your problem.
1st July 2014, 03:40 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight

I think your phone is bricked. Try looking at the posts on this thread and see if it solves your problem.

Thanks! I have the sprint total protection plan. Do they fix water damaged phones?
1st July 2014, 03:54 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad, Telangana
Thanks Meter: 175
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limache

Thanks! I have the sprint total protection plan. Do they fix water damaged phones?

Yeah they do, judging by posts I saw on Sprint's community forum.
2nd July 2014, 10:24 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thanks. Btw I'm actually thinking about getting the M8. I backed up my HTC One M7 on my Mac with HTC Sync. Can I restore my backup onto a new HTC One M8?
3rd July 2014, 11:43 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad, Telangana
Thanks Meter: 175
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limache

Thanks. Btw I'm actually thinking about getting the M8. I backed up my HTC One M7 on my Mac with HTC Sync. Can I restore my backup onto a new HTC One M8?

I'm 99% sure you can because according to this page

Quote:

Back up your HTC phone to your computer so you can easily restore your backup to the same phone or to another HTC phone.

3rd July 2014, 05:30 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight

I'm 99% sure you can because according to this page

Yeah that's what I suspected. Thank god I made this backup!
4th July 2014, 06:19 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Does anyone know if Sprint can recover data from a water damaged phone like mine? I took a lot of photos on it during my trip to Europe but since it doesn't have an microsd card it's all internal. Just curious if anyone knows.
4th July 2014, 07:32 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad, Telangana
Thanks Meter: 175
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limache

Does anyone know if Sprint can recover data from a water damaged phone like mine? I took a lot of photos on it during my trip to Europe but since it doesn't have an microsd card it's all internal. Just curious if anyone knows.

AFAIK, no. Worth asking though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes