Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

One keeps vibrating after in water?

Tip us?

limache
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default One keeps vibrating after in water?

Hi I was at the beach and forgot my phone was in my pocket and stupidly walked into the ocean

I put it into rice for a few days and dried it off but it doesn't turn on. The only thing that happens is if I plug it into the USB, a green light blinks on and off and it keeps vibrating. What does it mean? Is it saveable?

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by limache View Post
Hi I was at the beach and forgot my phone was in my pocket and stupidly walked into the ocean

I put it into rice for a few days and dried it off but it doesn't turn on. The only thing that happens is if I plug it into the USB, a green light blinks on and off and it keeps vibrating. What does it mean? Is it saveable?
I think your phone is bricked. Try looking at the posts on this thread and see if it solves your problem.

limache
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight View Post
I think your phone is bricked. Try looking at the posts on this thread and see if it solves your problem.
Thanks! I have the sprint total protection plan. Do they fix water damaged phones?

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Thanks! I have the sprint total protection plan. Do they fix water damaged phones?
Yeah they do, judging by posts I saw on Sprint's community forum.

limache
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks. Btw I'm actually thinking about getting the M8. I backed up my HTC One M7 on my Mac with HTC Sync. Can I restore my backup onto a new HTC One M8?

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Thanks. Btw I'm actually thinking about getting the M8. I backed up my HTC One M7 on my Mac with HTC Sync. Can I restore my backup onto a new HTC One M8?
I'm 99% sure you can because according to this page

Quote:
Back up your HTC phone to your computer so you can easily restore your backup to the same phone or to another HTC phone.

limache
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight View Post
I'm 99% sure you can because according to this page
Yeah that's what I suspected. Thank god I made this backup!

limache
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Does anyone know if Sprint can recover data from a water damaged phone like mine? I took a lot of photos on it during my trip to Europe but since it doesn't have an microsd card it's all internal. Just curious if anyone knows.

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Does anyone know if Sprint can recover data from a water damaged phone like mine? I took a lot of photos on it during my trip to Europe but since it doesn't have an microsd card it's all internal. Just curious if anyone knows.
AFAIK, no. Worth asking though.