TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

One keeps vibrating after in water?

OP limache

1st July 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

123 posts
Hi I was at the beach and forgot my phone was in my pocket and stupidly walked into the ocean

I put it into rice for a few days and dried it off but it doesn't turn on. The only thing that happens is if I plug it into the USB, a green light blinks on and off and it keeps vibrating. What does it mean? Is it saveable?
1st July 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hyderabad, Telangana
Thanks Meter: 174

593 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limache

Hi I was at the beach and forgot my phone was in my pocket and stupidly walked into the ocean

I put it into rice for a few days and dried it off but it doesn't turn on. The only thing that happens is if I plug it into the USB, a green light blinks on and off and it keeps vibrating. What does it mean? Is it saveable?

I think your phone is bricked. Try looking at the posts on this thread and see if it solves your problem.
1st July 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight

I think your phone is bricked. Try looking at the posts on this thread and see if it solves your problem.

Thanks! I have the sprint total protection plan. Do they fix water damaged phones?
1st July 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #4  

593 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks! I have the sprint total protection plan. Do they fix water damaged phones?

Yeah they do, judging by posts I saw on Sprint's community forum.
2nd July 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
Thanks. Btw I'm actually thinking about getting the M8. I backed up my HTC One M7 on my Mac with HTC Sync. Can I restore my backup onto a new HTC One M8?
3rd July 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #6  

593 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks. Btw I'm actually thinking about getting the M8. I backed up my HTC One M7 on my Mac with HTC Sync. Can I restore my backup onto a new HTC One M8?

I'm 99% sure you can because according to this page

Quote:

Back up your HTC phone to your computer so you can easily restore your backup to the same phone or to another HTC phone.

3rd July 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight

I'm 99% sure you can because according to this page

Yeah that's what I suspected. Thank god I made this backup!
4th July 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
Does anyone know if Sprint can recover data from a water damaged phone like mine? I took a lot of photos on it during my trip to Europe but since it doesn't have an microsd card it's all internal. Just curious if anyone knows.
4th July 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #9  

593 posts
More
Quote:

Does anyone know if Sprint can recover data from a water damaged phone like mine? I took a lot of photos on it during my trip to Europe but since it doesn't have an microsd card it's all internal. Just curious if anyone knows.

AFAIK, no. Worth asking though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread