Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Remove Tampered Banner on H Boot 1.57

Tip us?
 
jekojello
Old
#1  
jekojello's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 50
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago
Default [Q] Remove Tampered Banner on H Boot 1.57

I got S-Off using firewater and I want to get the tampered banner off my h-boot. When I try searching around all I could find was how to do it on the M8.
 
MFOsaka
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 172
Posts: 331
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Since you're S-OFF, use this.
The Following User Says Thank You to MFOsaka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
StormyNight
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 153
Posts: 526
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekojello View Post
I got S-Off using firewater and I want to get the tampered banner off my h-boot. When I try searching around all I could find was how to do it on the M8.
This is better. @MFOsaka
The Following User Says Thank You to StormyNight For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MFOsaka
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 172
Posts: 331
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
@StormyNight: Forgot all about the faux hboot edit. lol Even worse because I was the one who asked santod040 if he could make one for Sprint's hboot, smh
 
StormyNight
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 153
Posts: 526
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFOsaka View Post
@StormyNight: Forgot all about the faux hboot edit. lol Even worse because I was the one who asked santod040 if he could make one for Sprint's hboot, smh
Lmao xD
 
jekojello
Old
#6  
jekojello's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 50
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight View Post
After installing it, I still have the tampered banner. It does say locked and s-on though
 
dafluke24
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 70
Posts: 134
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: DFW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekojello View Post
After installing it, I still have the tampered banner. It does say locked and s-on though
Sounds like you only flashed the FAUX LOCKED HBOOT file. There's another one called "No Red Text 5.03.651.3 hboot" in the same post. I flashed it the other day and the red tamper banner was gone.

The Following User Says Thank You to dafluke24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes