Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 41,469 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S OFF Help please

Tip us?

dug13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default What if?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dug13 View Post
Thanks for confirming that you can get s off- But I do not want to put a custom rom or kernel on, hard to believe this is the only way to get S off with HB 1.57
Curious though- does firewater or any other methods allow you to turn it back to S on and remove the *TAMPERED* flag like revone does?
Also the kernel you posted says its for JB roms- I have KK.
Would creating a twrp backup of my stock rom and kernel, then installing a custom kernel to use firewater for S OFF, Could I return to the stock kernel via TWRP and would the phone remain in S OFF?

Pew446
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dug13 View Post
Would creating a twrp backup of my stock rom and kernel, then installing a custom kernel to use firewater for S OFF, Could I return to the stock kernel via TWRP and would the phone remain in S OFF?
Yes Just be careful not to wipe your SD card (or copy it to your computer to be sure)

Doomers
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Finally something works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pew446 View Post
I finally got it, here is what I did and used in hopes it will help OP:

First, I was stuck at the white HTC Logo thing, and that was cause I was missing the radio somehow. I got the latest from here and flashed it in recovery.

Then I flashed this ROM.

Then I flashed this Kernel. <-- Important!

Then follow the firewater instructions, and it should work first time.

Let me know if you need help, OP, I might be able to help.
Pew, I wish I had stumbled across your thread much earlier! I have been attempting to S-off my Sprint M7 for three days with no luck on a ridiculous number of combinations! Your method outlined above was the first one to work and it took no time at all! Thanks for being a lifesaver bud.

Pew446
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomers View Post
Pew, I wish I had stumbled across your thread much earlier! I have been attempting to S-off my Sprint M7 for three days with no luck on a ridiculous number of combinations! Your method outlined above was the first one to work and it took no time at all! Thanks for being a lifesaver bud.
No problem! I had just as much trouble as you did, nothing was working, but finally some combination did the trick. I hope this keeps helping people in the future.
Tags
s off