Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Shortcut to camera on lockscreen?

OP Belac77

2nd July 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I'm very surprised to find that there is no way to get to the camera from the lockscreen of my M7. I'm using the Google Now launcher, and everything is going great except for that.

How can such a simple yet important feature be missing? This might be the number one thing I miss about my iPhone so far.

Please tell me there's a way to get to the camera straight from the lockscreen!
2nd July 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hyderabad, Telangana
Thanks Meter: 175

597 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belac77

I'm very surprised to find that there is no way to get to the camera from the lockscreen of my M7. I'm using the Google Now launcher, and everything is going great except for that.

How can such a simple yet important feature be missing? This might be the number one thing I miss about my iPhone so far.

Please tell me there's a way to get to the camera straight from the lockscreen!

On my phone, I can get to the camera without even entering my pattern code, but then again it's using the HTC Sense launcher. Also, you have to make sure that a setting called Bypass lock screen (or something, not sure, don't have my phone on hand) is unticked.
23rd July 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight

On my phone, I can get to the camera without even entering my pattern code, but then again it's using the HTC Sense launcher. Also, you have to make sure that a setting called Bypass lock screen (or something, not sure, don't have my phone on hand) is unticked.

Yeah, I've made sure the Bypass settings are correct, so I suppose it must be the Google Now launcher's fault?
23rd July 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #4  
Flag Hyderabad, Telangana
Thanks Meter: 175

597 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belac77

Yeah, I've made sure the Bypass settings are correct, so I suppose it must be the Google Now launcher's fault?

Possibly. BTW, on my tablet that's running CyanogenMod, if you swipe to the right, you can access the camera, if you go to the lock screen settings and enable camera widget. Ofc though, that's trebuchet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread