Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,797 Members 51,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Shortcut to camera on lockscreen?

Tip us?

Belac77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Shortcut to camera on lockscreen?

I'm very surprised to find that there is no way to get to the camera from the lockscreen of my M7. I'm using the Google Now launcher, and everything is going great except for that.

How can such a simple yet important feature be missing? This might be the number one thing I miss about my iPhone so far.

Please tell me there's a way to get to the camera straight from the lockscreen!

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belac77 View Post
I'm very surprised to find that there is no way to get to the camera from the lockscreen of my M7. I'm using the Google Now launcher, and everything is going great except for that.

How can such a simple yet important feature be missing? This might be the number one thing I miss about my iPhone so far.

Please tell me there's a way to get to the camera straight from the lockscreen!
On my phone, I can get to the camera without even entering my pattern code, but then again it's using the HTC Sense launcher. Also, you have to make sure that a setting called Bypass lock screen (or something, not sure, don't have my phone on hand) is unticked.

Belac77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight View Post
On my phone, I can get to the camera without even entering my pattern code, but then again it's using the HTC Sense launcher. Also, you have to make sure that a setting called Bypass lock screen (or something, not sure, don't have my phone on hand) is unticked.
Yeah, I've made sure the Bypass settings are correct, so I suppose it must be the Google Now launcher's fault?

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belac77 View Post
Yeah, I've made sure the Bypass settings are correct, so I suppose it must be the Google Now launcher's fault?
Possibly. BTW, on my tablet that's running CyanogenMod, if you swipe to the right, you can access the camera, if you go to the lock screen settings and enable camera widget. Ofc though, that's trebuchet.