[Q] No signal from Sprint?

OP joem789

18th August 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
I recently rooted my Sprint HTC One M7, as well as my Samsung Mega SPH-L600. My goal was to get the phones unlocked to accept GSM sims. Both phones continue to show invalid sim no matter what. But I could switch the preferred network to CDMA and pick up the Sprint signal without any hassle. At some point, I had lost the Sprint signal. I have tried what seems like everything. Switching the network types. Turning roaming on and off. Switching sims. Installing different custom ROMS. Including CM10.1 in order to try switching from NV to RUIM. That did nothing. The weird thing is once in a while I will pick up the phone and see bars. And its the Sprint network. But a few seconds later, it will X out again. Before, I constantly had a signal full of bars, with a little triangle above it.

I would normally wonder if maybe a setting was changed. But why would this affect both of my distinctly different phones? Does Sprint block you if your phone is tampered? Or is it possible that if your service stays in roam that they will eventually block you? Just trying to find some answers here.

Thanks.
19th August 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hyderabad, Telangana
Thanks Meter: 166

579 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joem789

I recently rooted my Sprint HTC One M7, as well as my Samsung Mega SPH-L600. My goal was to get the phones unlocked to accept GSM sims. Both phones continue to show invalid sim no matter what. But I could switch the preferred network to CDMA and pick up the Sprint signal without any hassle. At some point, I had lost the Sprint signal. I have tried what seems like everything. Switching the network types. Turning roaming on and off. Switching sims. Installing different custom ROMS. Including CM10.1 in order to try switching from NV to RUIM. That did nothing. The weird thing is once in a while I will pick up the phone and see bars. And its the Sprint network. But a few seconds later, it will X out again. Before, I constantly had a signal full of bars, with a little triangle above it.

I would normally wonder if maybe a setting was changed. But why would this affect both of my distinctly different phones? Does Sprint block you if your phone is tampered? Or is it possible that if your service stays in roam that they will eventually block you? Just trying to find some answers here.

Thanks.

NV/RUIM might've messed things up. Try changing it back to what it was before.

The only other answer I can think of is that where you are atm, Sprint doesn't have good service. Try moving the phones outside (or somewhere else).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread