[Q] Sprint M7 cant select GSM/UMTS, it reverts to last used mode

OP tramuyo

11th August 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

410 posts
More
Greetings, im sure this is a common issue that ive seen, i received a HTC One M7 Sprint, it is sim unlocked BUT... can't select GSM/UMTS mode, it reverts to last used mode (if lte/cdma was selected and I choose gsm/umts, it reverts to lte/cdma...)

Is a NV problem, or radio problem? can be corrected?

Thanks a lot!
B.R.
14th August 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hyderabad, Telangana
Thanks Meter: 166

579 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramuyo

Greetings, im sure this is a common issue that ive seen, i received a HTC One M7 Sprint, it is sim unlocked BUT... can't select GSM/UMTS mode, it reverts to last used mode (if lte/cdma was selected and I choose gsm/umts, it reverts to lte/cdma...)

Thanks a lot!
B.R.

I've seen problems like this as well.. try flashing a custom Sense ROM and see if that solves your problem.
17th August 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramuyo

Thanks a lot!
B.R.

You have to override the network connection, assuming you are "sim-unlocked"
  1. open the dial pad type *#*#4636*#*#
  2. Tap "Phone Information"
  3. scroll down to "Set preferred network Type:" & select one of the GSM options from the drop down menu
  4. Check the GSM Service is "In Service"; if not repeat the last step and select another option
  5. Goto Settings > Mobile Data> select GSM
  6. Goto Available GSM Networks, it will attempt to connect and probably fail to find service providers, you can keep trying manually or select "don't ask again" and redo -GSM network provider will eventually popup
  7. select the GSM network
  8. goto Access Point names
  9. edit access point to carrier

Doing the last parts from memory since I've removed my GSM SIM (Family Mobile) and GSM stuff won't show up on my settings
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread