Storage issue (Phantom partition?)

OP jmalone1187

7th July 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Boston
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
More
So my One has been well above 20gigs of used space for some time, With an average of about 3 gigs of free space at any given time. I've checked my sdcard folder and it is about 5gb of space total (with downloads and everything else). There have been occasions where I plug the phone into USB and go to a folder quick and the files are ones I've never seen before (example in downloads folder the files are different then my actual downloads folder). I also have a directory 0, emulated, and legacy inside of Storage. These are exact synced copies of sdcard. Each taking up the same space (so 4x the actual amount of used space) and if I delete a file/folder for anyone of these directories it removes it from all including the sdcard.

Has anyone experienced this? is there a way to fix this without wiping the entire phone clean?
7th July 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 15

169 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmalone1187

So my One has been well above 20gigs of used space for some time, With an average of about 3 gigs of free space at any given time. I've checked my sdcard folder and it is about 5gb of space total (with downloads and everything else). There have been occasions where I plug the phone into USB and go to a folder quick and the files are ones I've never seen before (example in downloads folder the files are different then my actual downloads folder). I also have a directory 0, emulated, and legacy inside of Storage. These are exact synced copies of sdcard. Each taking up the same space (so 4x the actual amount of used space) and if I delete a file/folder for anyone of these directories it removes it from all including the sdcard.

Has anyone experienced this? is there a way to fix this without wiping the entire phone clean?

Do you go between AOSP/Sense roms? I don't see it anymore but it used to happen back when AOSP first starting coming out for the phone. It had to do with the multiuser support. It would leave all your Sense files but it would move the AOSP folder so you couldn't access them. Flashing a sense rom would let you access those files. I believe you can also access them by using a root explorer (es file also has a root option) and going up to /data/media you should be able to see those files and /data/media/0 should be the AOSP files.
The Following User Says Thank You to nullr1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #3  
Flag Gold Canyon,Az
Thanks Meter: 102

246 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmalone1187

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2158466 here is some info
The Following User Says Thank You to jblaze10 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Boston
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
More
Thanks for the replies! Will give this stuff a shot. Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to jmalone1187 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread