HTC One Won't show up on computer

OP djready

19th April 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
First off i want to say hi to everyone and thank everyone for even looking at this thread. I've found some great stuff on this web site but so far nothing has worked for me so i figured i would put up a thread and see what i get back . First off i have an HTC one m7 from sprint. What im trying to do is unlock bootloader root it and sim unlock it. But im am stuck on the first step of my plan. Connecting the HTC one to the computer lol. Htc one has android 4.4.2 running htc sense 5.5. When i plug it in to the computer sometimes i wont get nothing like no noise saying that its plugged in and trying to get drivers. Other times if im lucky i look on my computer and it shows up as a cd drive but when i click on it i get nothing it says insert disc. These is what i have tried so far: htc driver 4.01.001, htc_bmp usb driver x64 1.0.5375, about five usb cables even an actual htc one cable. tried to connect it with other computers, htc sync, different usb port. I think thats everything lol. Oh and also on my ubuntu laptop but it doesn't show up. At this point im pretty disappointing at the device and kinda want to break it lol. I tried using weaksauce to see if it would work for me and it doesn't just crashes. I've seen some great stuff on these forums and i was hoping i could get a hand. I'm on a windows 7 64bit computer.

Tyvm
19th April 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 111

302 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djready

First off i want to say hi to everyone and thank everyone for even looking at this thread. I've found some great stuff on this web site but so far nothing has worked for me so i figured i would put up a thread and see what i get back . First off i have an HTC one m7 from sprint. What im trying to do is unlock bootloader root it and sim unlock it. But im am stuck on the first step of my plan. Connecting the HTC one to the computer lol. Htc one has android 4.4.2 running htc sense 5.5. When i plug it in to the computer sometimes i wont get nothing like no noise saying that its plugged in and trying to get drivers. Other times if im lucky i look on my computer and it shows up as a cd drive but when i click on it i get nothing it says insert disc. These is what i have tried so far: htc driver 4.01.001, htc_bmp usb driver x64 1.0.5375, about five usb cables even an actual htc one cable. tried to connect it with other computers, htc sync, different usb port. I think thats everything lol. Oh and also on my ubuntu laptop but it doesn't show up. At this point im pretty disappointing at the device and kinda want to break it lol. I tried using weaksauce to see if it would work for me and it doesn't just crashes. I've seen some great stuff on these forums and i was hoping i could get a hand. I'm on a windows 7 64bit computer.

Tyvm

... Connect you Phone with PC and go to Device Manager of your Windows and see if there is anything with the exclamation sign or question mark. and BTW do you get notification on your phone that it is connected to PC ...
Last edited by Devilish_Angel; 19th April 2014 at 10:40 AM.
19th April 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish_Angel

... Connect you Phone with PC and go to Device Manager of your Windows and see if there is anything with the exclamation sign or question mark. and BTW do you get notification on your phone that it is connected to PC ...

When i go to device manager nothing shows up with exclamation mark. Yeah it shows usb connected it charges the phone. Sometimes i also get a notification on the phone saying that if the htc sync manager doesn't show up to get it off the website which i have done before with no result.
20th April 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #4  
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 201

978 posts
More
This may sound crazy, but have you tried using a different USB cable? They tend to get damaged over time, especially at the ends.
Also, what does the windows Device Manager say you've plugged in?
21st April 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauprankul

This may sound crazy, but have you tried using a different USB cable? They tend to get damaged over time, especially at the ends.
Also, what does the windows Device Manager say you've plugged in?

I have used a few cables like maybe around 5 and a oem cable from htc. It doesn't display anything different when it pluged in like it doesn't even recognize it.
21st April 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #6  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 7,907

8,262 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have used a few cables like maybe around 5 and a oem cable from htc. It doesn't display anything different when it pluged in like it doesn't even recognize it.

Uninstall everything HTC.
Reboot PC.
Install these drivers
Plug phone in and let the drivers install (drivers will install while booted to OS,recovery,and fastboot)

Still not recognized? (If you are using Windows 8.1 this will most likely not work, unless you hboot is 1.55 or 1.56)
On your PC go to device manager and find your phone(usually M7WLS), right click and select properties
Select the driver tab
Select update driver
Select browse my comp
Let me pick
Look for ADB USB device or similar should be one of the first couple choices
Select MyHTC install and you should be good
Last edited by BD619; 21st April 2014 at 01:36 AM.
23rd April 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
After i installed the drivers when i go to device manager the phone is not listed on there. The only evidence that i have when i plug the phone is on the computer it shows up as a cd drive but it doesn't let me edit the driver for it.
23rd April 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #8  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV

8,262 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

After i installed the drivers when i go to device manager the phone is not listed on there. The only evidence that i have when i plug the phone is on the computer it shows up as a cd drive but it doesn't let me edit the driver for it.

Did you install both drivers?
HTCDriver_4.2.0.001 and the BMP driver that matches your PC's OS?
23rd April 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

Did you install both drivers?
HTCDriver_4.2.0.001 and the BMP driver that matches your PC's OS?

Sadly yes i have installed them uninstalled them restarted computer and done it again with no luck.
23rd April 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #10  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV

8,262 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sadly yes i have installed them uninstalled them restarted computer and done it again with no luck.

Check PM

The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread