[ROM][GSM][UNOFFICAL][5.1.1] CM12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Mar 16, 2014
Install-Android-5.1.1-CM-12.1-Nightly-Custom-ROM-on-Xperia-Z-Ultra.jpg

I am not responsible if this breaks your phones! this was made just for fun and to help the community

Working:

Data
Messaging
Video recording
SDCard Read/Write
Root
Display
Touch screen
Profiles (Multi Users)
Google Account Syncing
Everything else

Not Working:
NFC
Video Play Back- From what I can tell it is a CM bug

How to install:
Download the ROM, GSM Patch, Gapps and save them
Boot into TWRP and make a backup of your current ROM
Wipe your Cache, Data, System and Dalvik Cache
Flash the files in this order:
1) ROM
2) GSM Patch File
3) Gapps
Now reboot and setup your phone

Downloads:
ROM: Link removed until I can figure out the video bug
GSM Patch: Latest GSM patch file
Gapps: My preferred 5.1.1 Gapps

Addons:
ZV4 Modem
ZV8 Modem
Mega APN Flashable
Latest (Stable) SuperSU flashable

This took like 15 minutes to get working :cool:.... So please show your support by clicking the :good: button :D

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][GSM][UNOFFICAL][5.1.1] CM12.1, ROM for the Sprint LG G3

Contributors
1619415, Ki11aprime
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_d851/tree/cm-12.1

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-06-10
Last Updated 2015-06-10

Last edited:

savannahmick

May 22, 2010
Savannah Georgia
Sweet! ROM file states that it is for 851 model?

I am downloading now but when I did the ROM DL the docs file says d851 its for the ls990 right? Just wanted to make sure! Anyone flashed this on their ls990 with success? Thanks can't wait to try!
EDIT: I am having a hard time downloading the ROM it tries to start but never does. Any ideas ? Thanks!
EDIT2: I got it to DL by using the asop stock browser! I am getting my batt up some then I'll flash! Thanks!

Last edited:

kiewirevo

Jun 3, 2010
Santo-Domingo
Flashed and it, GSM works out of the box, i still have no Cell data tho :S .... if i could just acces the COM port to add additional bands or to see what bands it has enabled i could see if i can enable data, but other than that, it detects the SIM right away :)

Mar 16, 2014
do you know how i can acces the COM port? i want to try the band enabling stuff from another post but i need the phone to be set to "charge only" and be detected as a COM port... any ideas?

Stock, Barepop or the pure stock rom then I think there is a guide....

Last edited:

Cuz_Murica

Oct 2, 2013
Is video playback broken or just me? Also if I unlock the LTE bands using a stock ROM then come back to this ROM everything should still be good right?

kiewirevo

Jun 3, 2010
Santo-Domingo
Hey man i have this idea for my phone, I've tried to add the bands and everything and it seem to have worked (take it with a grain of salt), since i can choose any band now and it says "SUCCESS"... i enter in the modemsettings and i'm able too choose any network i want, before i wasn't able to choose all of them and now there is no problem after editing the NV values from the post...

now i am not entirely sure but since the WCDMA band my operator works with is 900 i think it does not detect it because of the "Model #" so my idea is as followed, i see you took the cm12.1 from a d851 and made it flashable, can you do the same for a d855 (which is the international version) and PM me or post it?, i will happily try it and see if i can get 3G... as for the LTE bands i can choose any as well but my problem is that i don't have an LTE subscription :V so i cant test that, im only limited to 3G....

you think you can help?

Reactions: w.lorenzo

xevildoerxx

Oct 20, 2011
Hey man i have this idea for my phone, I've tried to add the bands and everything and it seem to have worked (take it with a grain of salt), since i can choose any band now and it says "SUCCESS"... i enter in the modemsettings and i'm able too choose any network i want, before i wasn't able to choose all of them and now there is no problem after editing the NV values from the post...

now i am not entirely sure but since the WCDMA band my operator works with is 900 i think it does not detect it because of the "Model #" so my idea is as followed, i see you took the cm12.1 from a d851 and made it flashable, can you do the same for a d855 (which is the international version) and PM me or post it?, i will happily try it and see if i can get 3G... as for the LTE bands i can choose any as well but my problem is that i don't have an LTE subscription :V so i cant test that, im only limited to 3G....

you think you can help?

which guide did you use to add bands?

kiewirevo

Jun 3, 2010
Santo-Domingo

this one:
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/general/how-to-add-rf-lte-frequency-bands-to-t2886059

but be extremely carefully a flash to stock will make you lose your ESN and MEID and you will have to enter a new IMEI from another phone to make it usable on GSM again...

also adding bands is kind of a tedious process, so you need to thoroughly check if they where properly added (with shortcutmaster in modemsettings) if you get a FAILED or SUCCESS, because its a pain to flash to stock>root>unlock bootloader over and over again to do the process all over again.

But as far as i know ive been able to add all the bands but the one i use "WCDMA 900" i not readed by the phone, even if i set the band only to check that, i can also check every LTE band now but i cant prove if it works or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install-Android-5.1.1-CM-12.1-Nightly-Custom-ROM-on-Xperia-Z-Ultra.jpg

I am not responsible if this breaks your phones! this was made just for fun and to help the community

Working:

Data
    Messaging
    Video recording
    SDCard Read/Write
    Root
    Display
    Touch screen
    Profiles (Multi Users)
    Google Account Syncing
    Everything else

Not Working:
    NFC
    Video Play Back- From what I can tell it is a CM bug

How to install:
    Download the ROM, GSM Patch, Gapps and save them
    Boot into TWRP and make a backup of your current ROM
    Wipe your Cache, Data, System and Dalvik Cache
    Flash the files in this order:
    1) ROM
    2) GSM Patch File
    3) Gapps
    Now reboot and setup your phone

Downloads:
    ROM: Link removed until I can figure out the video bug
    GSM Patch: Latest GSM patch file
    Gapps: My preferred 5.1.1 Gapps

Addons:
    ZV4 Modem
    ZV8 Modem
    Mega APN Flashable
    Latest (Stable) SuperSU flashable

This took like 15 minutes to get working :cool:.... So please show your support by clicking the :good: button :D

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][GSM][UNOFFICAL][5.1.1] CM12.1, ROM for the Sprint LG G3

Contributors
    1619415, Ki11aprime
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_d851/tree/cm-12.1

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-06-10
    Last Updated 2015-06-10

this one:
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/general/how-to-add-rf-lte-frequency-bands-to-t2886059

but be extremely carefully a flash to stock will make you lose your ESN and MEID and you will have to enter a new IMEI from another phone to make it usable on GSM again...

also adding bands is kind of a tedious process, so you need to thoroughly check if they where properly added (with shortcutmaster in modemsettings) if you get a FAILED or SUCCESS, because its a pain to flash to stock>root>unlock bootloader over and over again to do the process all over again.

But as far as i know ive been able to add all the bands but the one i use "WCDMA 900" i not readed by the phone, even if i set the band only to check that, i can also check every LTE band now but i cant prove if it works or not.
    I am downloading now but when I did the ROM DL the docs file says d851 its for the ls990 right? Just wanted to make sure! Anyone flashed this on their ls990 with success? Thanks can't wait to try!

I have it running on my phone now.... Just follow the install guide and it will work great.
    Flashed and it, GSM works out of the box, i still have no Cell data tho :S .... if i could just acces the COM port to add additional bands or to see what bands it has enabled i could see if i can enable data, but other than that, it detects the SIM right away :)

OK, awesome