Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Faint crackling from the earpiece

OP Trichael Man

27th September 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 197

664 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionikz03

Yeah it's definitely got some quirks that need a software update to fix but what phone doesn't have them? It's just part of modern day technology. I still love the phone though. I'll let u know how the replacement goes...

Indeed I know this all too well..I truly believe they are getting close. Anyway. I thank you. Just dying to know. Mine is brand new. Well 2 weeks. Or less. Its always crackling. Makes me miss the m8. Lol

Sent from rotary technology Phone
7th October 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #12  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 221

637 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid2drummer

Indeed I know this all too well..I truly believe they are getting close. Anyway. I thank you. Just dying to know. Mine is brand new. Well 2 weeks. Or less. Its always crackling. Makes me miss the m8. Lol

mine does the crackling too only when the phone is on speaker; I wasn't sure if this was a defect or something that needed to be updated via software
Last edited by lowpro3210; 7th October 2014 at 04:47 AM.
7th October 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #13  
Flag H-Town
Thanks Meter: 138

736 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid2drummer

OK update... New replacement in hand since last Saturday and made numerous calls with and without the charger connected and do not hear the crackling... Definitely a faulty unit.
Take it back if it is. They may not take it right away unless they can reproduce the sound immediately. Eventually they will if u take it back and complain a second time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpro3210

mine does the crackling too only when the phone is on speaker; I wasn't sure if this was a defect or something that needed to be updated via software

12th October 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #14  
Flag Poway
Thanks Meter: 357

765 posts
More
I'm getting this too. I've done the volume mod. Do you think it could be part of the problem. . I hardly ever use my phone to actually call so I'm not sure if it did this before or not.
13th October 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #15  
Flag H-Town
Thanks Meter: 138

736 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahapederdon

I'm getting this too. I've done the volume mod. Do you think it could be part of the problem. . I hardly ever use my phone to actually call so I'm not sure if it did this before or not.

The crackling does not sound like a blown speaker... it sounds more like electrical noise interfering with the audio of the earpiece... I'm thinking it was a grounding issue...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread