Ask a question

No registration required

Rooted with Stump now Gallery is empty

OP dk2463

30th August 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
All my pics were/are stored on SD Card. Before Stump root when I went to Gallery app I could see all my pics and albums. And now after Stump root my Gallery has 1 camera pic in it and 2 preloaded videos but I still have all my pics on my SD Card. I cannot find a way to repoint the Gallery location to SD. Any ideas?

thanks in advance....
30th August 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 247

1,213 posts
In Gallery if you back out all the way to Albums there might be 2 Camera albums, one old and one new. That is how mine is since I redirected my photos to SD card, but I don't think that was a root-related issue. If that's not the solution then I don't know.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app
30th August 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #3  
Flag spud state
Thanks Meter: 239

655 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2463

All my pics were/are stored on SD Card. Before Stump root when I went to Gallery app I could see all my pics and albums. And now after Stump root my Gallery has 1 camera pic in it and 2 preloaded videos but I still have all my pics on my SD Card. I cannot find a way to repoint the Gallery location to SD. Any ideas?

thanks in advance....

Same thing happened to me after root with stump. I also used SD card fixer from the market and copied from internal so I would have 2 copies. After a few days I woke up in the morning and card was empty and lost my pics in gallery.
I don't know if it had something to do with stump, SD card fixer etc. I also had a security warning at the same time with my avast App about towel root which surprised me.
Anyways I used an app called undeleter and got most of my pics back. Some were corrupted but better than nothing. I don't know the cause but hope I helped some with the Undeleter app.
30th August 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #4  
Flag Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 3,716

3,981 posts
More
After you rooted did you uninstall stump after rebooting?
30th August 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #5  
Flag spud state
Thanks Meter: 239

655 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergie716

After you rooted did you uninstall stump after rebooting?

First thing I did.
Like I said in my post, may have nothing to do with stump. Could be SD card fixer. It could be software. Some weird ghostly things have happened since I got the phone.
Last edited by leroybrute; 30th August 2014 at 05:33 PM.
31st August 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #6  
Flag Asheville, NC
Thanks Meter: 1

40 posts
More
SD Card Issues after using Stump Root
When I used Stump root, my music collection on my SD got funky in a bad way. songs corrupted, mp3 metadata sloshed around, and 30-40% of my songs just dissappeared. Other things were corrupted after rooting as well. PDF's and pictures, but oddly no videos were damaged. Maybe it does or does not have anything to do with Stump. But as a general rule and fair warning, always pop out your SD Card before root, unless the exploit needs an SD Card, which I did not follow.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread