[SPARK] Sprint Network Vision Discussion

Search This thread

sinisin

Jan 3, 2011
Denver
No it would not ....it's going to be called carrier aggregation here and it's a long time off

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Ok. Yeah. They said the new network is going up now and it will leave them in a good position to upgrade quickly later on. I'm assuming thats what it will be. And its 10 years out easily Id bet.

Sent from my LGLS990

aurena

Dec 29, 2008
bronx
Ok. Yeah. They said the new network is going up now and it will leave them in a good position to upgrade quickly later on. I'm assuming thats what it will be. And its 10 years out easily Id bet.

Sent from my LGLS990
LOL, 8T8R antenna's are already live in a few places, and are going up as we speak @ breakneck speeds. Since backhaul is not a major issue any longer these new sites will go live a hell of alot quicker than your typical 3G to LTE site, and yes they do support LTE-A, sprint will also use Carrier Aggregation with in a few months. I expect the first devices to support CA to be around very very soon (within 6 months) and those 150mb sec speeds by around Nov-Dec.

Reactions: sinisin

wvebert

Sep 7, 2010
Here's some results while moving in the car in Clearwater.

Attachments

• 1406060063201.jpg
    1406060063201.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 303

sinisin

Jan 3, 2011
Denver
Ok maybe 10 years out was a stretch. But this is Sprint. 5 years wouldn't surprise me.....

Sent from my LGLS990

Koroz

Sep 3, 2010
LOL, 8T8R antenna's are already live in a few places, and are going up as we speak @ breakneck speeds. Since backhaul is not a major issue any longer these new sites will go live a hell of alot quicker than your typical 3G to LTE site, and yes they do support LTE-A, sprint will also use Carrier Aggregation with in a few months. I expect the first devices to support CA to be around very very soon (within 6 months) and those 150mb sec speeds by around Nov-Dec.

do you work for sprint? I ask because this is close to the canned response I get anytime I complain about my service area north of Tacoma, south of Seattle. I have been with sprint now for 3 years and every 5 months I call and complain and get told "upgrades are right around the corner" If you happen to be a network engineer with them though, instead of a CSR who just wants me off the line would make me feel a lot better. We have been promised LTE updated towers in this area forever and I STILL get under 1-2Mbps and under 800K up. Thanks ahead of time for response!

sinisin

Jan 3, 2011
Denver
do you work for sprint? I ask because this is close to the canned response I get anytime I complain about my service area north of Tacoma, south of Seattle. I have been with sprint now for 3 years and every 5 months I call and complain and get told "upgrades are right around the corner" If you happen to be a network engineer with them though, instead of a CSR who just wants me off the line would make me feel a lot better. We have been promised LTE updated towers in this area forever and I STILL get under 1-2Mbps and under 800K up. Thanks ahead of time for response!

If you go to the website in the OP you can get all the info you're looking for and a lot more. It's THE place to go for Sprint Network news anywhere in the country. They will have your market info there for sure.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Koroz

Koroz

Sep 3, 2010
If you go to the website in the OP you can get all the info you're looking for and a lot more. It's THE place to go for Sprint Network news anywhere in the country. They will have your market info there for sure.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk Pro

thank you I will sign up today and check it out.

painkillaz

Nov 22, 2007
Frisco
I'm in Dallas (Frisco to be exact), in a "Turbo" area. PRL Version: 55019. I am lucky to get 1 bar inside or outside. It has been this way for 6+ months even on regular LTE. (I was using HTC One M7 before this). According to sprint coverage maps, I have blanket coverage of Spark (Turbo), LTE (Best), and Wimax (Best). I don't understand what's going on...but so far fastest download speeds on Spark have been 3mbps outside. Very :mad:

Last edited:

ninoriff

Oct 13, 2007
Chicago, IL
Spark in downtow aurora il -

band 41

42dl - 13up

spark in batavia il - randall rd

band 26

12dl - 8up

band 25

2dl - 6up

band 41

31dl - 13 dl

MrTonyToca

Nov 20, 2007
Philadelphia
I have Spark in Philadelphia and it works alot better than regular LTE thankfully. a little faster and more reliable. But my question is this. With my Note 3 I was able to be on a phone call and still browse the web and use the internet. with the LG G3 I am not. Any one know why that is and if you think there will ever be a way to get that done? Thanks

sinisin

Jan 3, 2011
Denver
I have Spark in Philadelphia and it works alot better than regular LTE thankfully. a little faster and more reliable. But my question is this. With my Note 3 I was able to be on a phone call and still browse the web and use the internet. with the LG G3 I am not. Any one know why that is and if you think there will ever be a way to get that done? Thanks

There is only one radio for all network communication. The only way to surf and talk is to be on wifi since wifi has its own radio.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011

There is only one radio for all network communication. The only way to surf and talk is to be on wifi since wifi has its own radio.

Yup this ^ until VoLTE is ready since sprint already partnered up with a company there just no eta on when exactly will it be ready.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Florida Speeds are bangin.

Sparks in Orlando: 57 Down, 14 up.
    Just got my g3, how can i tell what band I'm on?

##Debug# then go to lte engineering you will see what band your on.
    Sprint is rolling out a new network Nationwide. How's it going in your area? We all have Spark devices. Who's getting to make the most of them? Who's left out? What PRL are you on?
    Got any tips to improve RF performance?

www.s4gru.com

This site has ALL the latest updates about the upgrades in your area. It is quite useful for Sprinters.

Sent from my LGLS990
    Band 26

PRL 55019

My last speed test showed ~11 down and 6 up. Better than the old LTE, but nowhere near what I was expecting. I'm assuming that it's in early stages out here.

No band 26 is 800mhz the spectrum from Nextel and will never be as fast as band 41 which is 2500mhz.

But band 26 will travel lots further from the tower vs band 41 and 25

Addison, Texas +70 Mbps down. I have no idea how to verify bands in use though.
    I will say this phone rock though. I came from its granddaddy the Optimus G which was awesome when it came out, but gets smoked by the G3

##Debug and then check lte engineering under band