Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 45,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G3 First impressions / questions

Tip us?

painkillaz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Sign G3 First impressions / questions

I was torn as to which phone to select. I have been a long time HTC user (coming from M7)...I selected the G3, still been less than a day, the screen looks amazing, I might miss the forward facing speakers though. Also, I'm still getting used to the extra screen real estate. It makes my home pages look barren and unorganized. I am looking forward to day 2 tomorrow to get a true full day of use to test out the battery. Anyone who's had more experience with LG phones, how temperamental are they with rooting? I don't think I will but HTC's were the easiest to mess around with without worrying about bricking. Also, I'm slightly annoyed that if I select Hangouts as my default messaging app I can't use QSlide for messaging. Hopefully they can fix that in a later update, I don't see why that should be an issue. I am also looking forward to trying out Wifi calling, didn't know that was even an option on Sprint

Wikd
Old
Thanks Meter 571
I wish i could use hangouts in qslide. I still use stock messaging for sms because it's looks better.

Sent from my Sprint G3
Sprint G3

Need Dropbox?

manaup
Old
Thanks Meter 27
No more slide aside from the g2. No more talk and surf the net at the same time from the s3. Spark and talk don't work at the same time. Not sure about lte and talk yet. I miss the variety of features from the g2. Other than those mentioned, The phone has been great.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

thunderwagn
Old
Thanks Meter 125
I've finally found something that I don't care for much on the g3...I don't think I'm a big fan of the volume slider in the drop down notification bar. I would much rather have a brightness control there or at least the ability to change it to something else. Minor inconvenience👅

Rally187
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Coming from the s4 the thing i notice is the quality of the phones construction. The s4 was a premium phone of course but even still it felt cheap, the g3 while not a unibody and very light it to me still seems like a higher end phone. This is the first LG phone ive had usually stick to htc or samsung but i was blown away by the screen. The Android UI feel closer to stock which i like. I hated touchwiz it just looked like a little kids phone. anyway glad to be using the G3 cant wait for root to remove the bloat i think i will stick with a bloat removed stock rom honestly

painkillaz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Yea one thing I'm not really liking is the volume slider in the drop down, I agree I'd rather have a brightness slider.

Anyone who is coming from the G2, how hard is it to root LG phones? Coming from HTC you could basically do anything to those without bricking, when I briefly was using a Samsung I found it much easier to brick to the point of no return. I'm hoping LG's are like HTC's in that regard