[Q] Can it be unlocked?

29th August 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I've read a couple of posts about this, but it seems there's not a clear criteria about it. So I want to buy an LG G3. I live in Costa Rica. The cheapest version of this phone on ebay is the Sprint version, but the unlock codes available for sale on several websites for the LG G3 only support the AT&T and T-Mobile version.

So, I really need to know if the Sprint version of the LG G3 can be somehow unlocked (not by requesting to Sprint the unlock code, because most ebayers don't even have a Sprint account haha, which is kind of suspicious how they got hands on one of these devices ). Can someone please tell me for sure if there's a way to unlock this phone and use it internationally on a WCDMA (3G) network (with micro SIM card)? If there is, does it depends on the specific ROM/version/model? I don't want to buy this phone and ending up without being able to use it as a phone in my country.

Thank you so much in advance for any information/tip you could provide me!
29th August 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

34 posts
Buenos días

Efectivamente, en el siguiente post te indican como liberar el equipo, http://forum.xda-developers.com/spri...ow-to-t2853594 el rom debe ser de fabrica, aunque de momento no hay ningun rom cocinado para el telefono.

puedes comprar la versión de sprint sin problemas y ocuparlo con tu operador local, solamente revisa que bandas ocupar para el 3G para el 2G el telefono es cuatribanda.
Last edited by gelt_0; 29th August 2014 at 03:34 PM. Reason: add rom
29th August 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #3  
Flag Qadian
Thanks Meter: 25

107 posts
More
Wink hmm
be specific mann
29th August 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
Yes.it can be unlocked . I am sure ... Cause i saw someone sell this phone and have unlocked it to use gsm /cdma..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Sprint G3 General by ThreadRank