FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Faint crackling from the earpiece

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Trichael Man, Junior Member on 20th August 2014, 09:10 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
27th September 2014, 08:35 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 305

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionikz03

Yeah it's definitely got some quirks that need a software update to fix but what phone doesn't have them? It's just part of modern day technology. I still love the phone though. I'll let u know how the replacement goes...

Indeed I know this all too well..I truly believe they are getting close. Anyway. I thank you. Just dying to know. Mine is brand new. Well 2 weeks. Or less. Its always crackling. Makes me miss the m8. Lol

Sent from rotary technology Phone

7th October 2014, 03:19 AM |#12  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid2drummer

Indeed I know this all too well..I truly believe they are getting close. Anyway. I thank you. Just dying to know. Mine is brand new. Well 2 weeks. Or less. Its always crackling. Makes me miss the m8. Lol

mine does the crackling too only when the phone is on speaker; I wasn't sure if this was a defect or something that needed to be updated via software
Last edited by lowpro3210; 7th October 2014 at 03:47 AM.
7th October 2014, 10:51 PM |#13  
Flag H-Town
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid2drummer

OK update... New replacement in hand since last Saturday and made numerous calls with and without the charger connected and do not hear the crackling... Definitely a faulty unit.
Take it back if it is. They may not take it right away unless they can reproduce the sound immediately. Eventually they will if u take it back and complain a second time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpro3210

mine does the crackling too only when the phone is on speaker; I wasn't sure if this was a defect or something that needed to be updated via software

12th October 2014, 09:45 PM |#14  
Flag Poway (San Diego)
Thanks Meter: 478

More
I'm getting this too. I've done the volume mod. Do you think it could be part of the problem. . I hardly ever use my phone to actually call so I'm not sure if it did this before or not.
13th October 2014, 07:53 PM |#15  
Flag H-Town
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahapederdon

I'm getting this too. I've done the volume mod. Do you think it could be part of the problem. . I hardly ever use my phone to actually call so I'm not sure if it did this before or not.

The crackling does not sound like a blown speaker... it sounds more like electrical noise interfering with the audio of the earpiece... I'm thinking it was a grounding issue...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread