FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Faint crackling from the earpiece

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By Trichael Man, Junior Member on 20th August 2014, 09:10 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
27th September 2014, 08:35 AM |#11  
Droid2drummer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 305
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionikz03

Yeah it's definitely got some quirks that need a software update to fix but what phone doesn't have them? It's just part of modern day technology. I still love the phone though. I'll let u know how the replacement goes...

Indeed I know this all too well..I truly believe they are getting close. Anyway. I thank you. Just dying to know. Mine is brand new. Well 2 weeks. Or less. Its always crackling. Makes me miss the m8. Lol

Sent from rotary technology Phone
 
 
7th October 2014, 03:19 AM |#12  
lowpro3210's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 222
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid2drummer

Indeed I know this all too well..I truly believe they are getting close. Anyway. I thank you. Just dying to know. Mine is brand new. Well 2 weeks. Or less. Its always crackling. Makes me miss the m8. Lol

Sent from rotary technology Phone

mine does the crackling too only when the phone is on speaker; I wasn't sure if this was a defect or something that needed to be updated via software
Last edited by lowpro3210; 7th October 2014 at 03:47 AM.
7th October 2014, 10:51 PM |#13  
Visionikz03's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag H-Town
Thanks Meter: 164
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid2drummer

Indeed I know this all too well..I truly believe they are getting close. Anyway. I thank you. Just dying to know. Mine is brand new. Well 2 weeks. Or less. Its always crackling. Makes me miss the m8. Lol

Sent from rotary technology Phone

OK update... New replacement in hand since last Saturday and made numerous calls with and without the charger connected and do not hear the crackling... Definitely a faulty unit.
Take it back if it is. They may not take it right away unless they can reproduce the sound immediately. Eventually they will if u take it back and complain a second time.




Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpro3210

mine does the crackling too only when the phone is on speaker; I wasn't sure if this was a defect or something that needed to be updated via software

12th October 2014, 09:45 PM |#14  
Mahapederdon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Poway (San Diego)
Thanks Meter: 478
 
More
I'm getting this too. I've done the volume mod. Do you think it could be part of the problem. . I hardly ever use my phone to actually call so I'm not sure if it did this before or not.
13th October 2014, 07:53 PM |#15  
Visionikz03's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag H-Town
Thanks Meter: 164
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahapederdon

I'm getting this too. I've done the volume mod. Do you think it could be part of the problem. . I hardly ever use my phone to actually call so I'm not sure if it did this before or not.

The crackling does not sound like a blown speaker... it sounds more like electrical noise interfering with the audio of the earpiece... I'm thinking it was a grounding issue...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes