Search This thread

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
[SIZE=+3]Frequently Asked Questions[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Sprint LG G3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]This a short list of frequently asked questions in this device forum and the answers often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses. If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Q1: How do I Root my LG G3?[/SIZE]
You should revert to ZV4 using Flashtool - see below.
OR
You can root ZVA using THIS Thanks to @l33tlinuxh4x0r - But be aware that most ROM's/Kernels are made for the ZV4 bootloader!!! You will have all ZVA partitions, so you may have issues.

On ZV4:
1. Your phone must have NEVER been Rooted before. Even if you've uninstalled SuperSu and removed all the files IT WILL NOT WORK!! It MUST be installed on a clean phone. ie Never Rooted, LGFlashtool - see below about this.
2. Root for us is in this thread. HERE
Version 1.2.0 is the most current - Hit "Grind" it'll more than likely say not supported, then hit "OK" and it will "Bruteforce" root to your phone, then reboot when told and it'll reboot again on its own.
Let it bootup, then install SuperSu, reboot and then uninstall Stump Root.

Version 1.0.0 was made specifically for the Sprint G3.

[SIZE=+1]Q2: How do I unlock the bootloader?[/SIZE]
You must Root first with Stump, then we use BUMP
HERE is another option to install BUMP.
or
for ZV8/A, This should work Thanks to @bender_007

[SIZE=+1]Q3: How do I Restore/Fix and Get my MSL on my LG G3?[/SIZE]
With LGFlashtool. For a walkthru on how to use it go. HERE
This page will also get your MSL. Read Post #4​

[SIZE=+1]Q4: How do I fix/backup other things on my LG G3?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Q5: Dialer Codes to fix things[/SIZE]
In order least invasive to most.
##UPDATE#
##SCRTN#
or
##RTN# - this one requires your MSL. Get it from Sprint or HERE

[SIZE=+1]Q6: What about modifying files on the LG G3? ie build.prop[/SIZE]
Make a backup in TWRP first
Our build prop is too large for most text editors. 920 text editor, works so you can get it from the Playstore. Make sure after modifying anything to set permissions. For the build.prop it's rw-r-r.

[SIZE=+1]Q7: How do I Backup/Restore EFS on the LG G3?[/SIZE]
VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU BACK THIS UP!!! HERE YUP...This is here twice for a reason. :p

[SIZE=+1]Q8: The LG G3 has CDMA and GSM radios. How do I...?[/SIZE]
For now, I'll leave the search for you.​

[SIZE=+1]Q: What to do about ZVA/ZV8/ZV6 Update[/SIZE]

**********​

This FAQ is part of a Recognized Contributor Group Initiative. Please look for a similar FAQ thread when visiting another device forum.
A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the production of this FAQ

Last edited:

Will32

May 12, 2011
Benton
Here's an idea for q8.

How do I get my QHD preloaded videos back?

The answer is... Restore your G3 with flashtool!

I accidentally deleted my QHD vids awhile back when I did a factory reset from stock recovery. I couldn't use someone else's vids because they have some kind of protection and can only be viewed on the device they came on.

I restored with flashtool the other day and when I was going through my gallery this morning I noticed that they are back.

I searched and asked everywhere trying to get them back with no luck.

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

I'd like to make another suggestion, if you don't mind.

These are common questions that someone would search Google for. It would be great if this thread popped up when someone searched Google for the answer.

My suggestion is to make each question specific to the G3 or LG G3.

Example.. Q3: How do I restore my LG G3 back to factory stock condition?

Just think about what you'd type into the Google search bar.

Excellent faq, please don't think I'm trying to be critical.

Reactions: engine95

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Here's an idea for q8.

How do I get my QHD preloaded videos back?

The answer is... Restore your G3 with flashtool!

I accidentally deleted my QHD vids awhile back when I did a factory reset from stock recovery. I couldn't use someone else's vids because they have some kind of protection and can only be viewed on the device they came on.

I restored with flashtool the other day and when I was going through my gallery this morning I noticed that they are back.

I searched and asked everywhere trying to get them back with no luck.

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

I'd like to make another suggestion, if you don't mind.

These are common questions that someone would search Google for. It would be great if this thread popped up when someone searched Google for the answer.

My suggestion is to make each question specific to the G3 or LG G3.

Example.. Q3: How do I restore my LG G3 back to factory stock condition?

Just think about what you'd type into the Google search bar.

Excellent faq, please don't think I'm trying to be critical.

It's all good. I was the one asking for suggestions, so I don't think that at all. :D

The way XDA wants these FAQ's is to try and find the most common questions so as to limit the amount of new threads. I tend to take it a little further by providing links and other info that I think is helpful.

To answer your suggestions:
1. So far, I think you're the only one who wanted the QHD vids back. ;) So I'm not being rude, but for now I'll leave it off. You, me and others that actually read these threads know how to fix this. (and this IS on the first page now). If it becomes a common issue, I will gladly add it.

2. I'm not positive about this but I think the tags at the bottom serve that purpose. I added a couple and I think anybody can do the same. I'll edit the OP just to make sure.

Thanks for the suggestions, and please don't think I was being critical. I was just explaining my position.

Reactions: Will32

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Wow. Super surprised at how dead this forum is. Just picked one up today cuz specs were amazing. Hoping I didn't make a bad choice. Just checking XDA now, but looks like no custom recovery and ROMs. I pray I'm mussing something something. Device seems fantastic.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Wow. Super surprised at how dead this forum is. Just picked one up today cuz specs were amazing. Hoping I didn't make a bad choice. Just checking XDA now, but looks like no custom recovery and ROMs. I pray I'm mussing something something. Device seems fantastic.
All the G3s ( except T-Mobile ) just got unlocked like a week ago. Plus we're all waiting for the Devs to release their Bump tool so AOSP Roms and custom Kernels can be flashed.

Just be patient, it's all in the works!

Reactions: scottspa74

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a

Been on vacation. But I'll get this update this weekend. Here's the only thing I need to add. Bump unlock. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=55932215

Edit. And just found this from @autoprime.
EFSBackup.zip. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=56058409
DO THIS!!! :)

Edit 2. And this too. If autoprime posted it, we'll need it.
Stuck in recovery. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=56061720

Last edited:

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Wow. I'm new to bump AMD some other terminology. Always been an HTC user. It seems there like 4 different ways to get root (according yo YouTube tuts). I'm more interested in boot loader unlock to get custom recovery. Looks like I have a lot if reading to do lol.

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Wow. I'm new to bump AMD some other terminology. Always been an HTC user. It seems there like 4 different ways to get root (according yo YouTube tuts). I'm more interested in boot loader unlock to get custom recovery. Looks like I have a lot if reading to do lol.

If you're on Sprint, Stump is our root method. And to unlock the boot loader, we all use Bump.
Stump and Bump are the names of the apps/methods.
Almost sounds like a new song, which we're all singing now. :)

Edit. New from autoprime
Preserving root from OTA's. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=56100153&postcount=1

Last edited:

treezy26

Sep 30, 2010
Well I didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I would ask here. I hope that's ok. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone uses a cpu governor? I'm on stock and rooted through stump and bumped. If so which is a good one to use and what settings are best? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+3]Frequently Asked Questions[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+2]Sprint LG G3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]This a short list of frequently asked questions in this device forum and the answers often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses. If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Q1: How do I Root my LG G3?[/SIZE]
    You should revert to ZV4 using Flashtool - see below.
    OR
    You can root ZVA using THIS Thanks to @l33tlinuxh4x0r - But be aware that most ROM's/Kernels are made for the ZV4 bootloader!!! You will have all ZVA partitions, so you may have issues.

On ZV4:
    1. Your phone must have NEVER been Rooted before. Even if you've uninstalled SuperSu and removed all the files IT WILL NOT WORK!! It MUST be installed on a clean phone. ie Never Rooted, LGFlashtool - see below about this.
    2. Root for us is in this thread. HERE
    Version 1.2.0 is the most current - Hit "Grind" it'll more than likely say not supported, then hit "OK" and it will "Bruteforce" root to your phone, then reboot when told and it'll reboot again on its own.
    Let it bootup, then install SuperSu, reboot and then uninstall Stump Root.

Version 1.0.0 was made specifically for the Sprint G3.

[SIZE=+1]Q2: How do I unlock the bootloader?[/SIZE]
    You must Root first with Stump, then we use BUMP
    HERE is another option to install BUMP.
    or
    for ZV8/A, This should work Thanks to @bender_007

[SIZE=+1]Q3: How do I Restore/Fix and Get my MSL on my LG G3?[/SIZE]
    With LGFlashtool. For a walkthru on how to use it go. HERE
    This page will also get your MSL. Read Post #4​

[SIZE=+1]Q4: How do I fix/backup other things on my LG G3?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Q5: Dialer Codes to fix things[/SIZE]
    In order least invasive to most.
    ##UPDATE#
    ##SCRTN#
    or
    ##RTN# - this one requires your MSL. Get it from Sprint or HERE

[SIZE=+1]Q6: What about modifying files on the LG G3? ie build.prop[/SIZE]
    Make a backup in TWRP first
    Our build prop is too large for most text editors. 920 text editor, works so you can get it from the Playstore. Make sure after modifying anything to set permissions. For the build.prop it's rw-r-r.

[SIZE=+1]Q7: How do I Backup/Restore EFS on the LG G3?[/SIZE]
    VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU BACK THIS UP!!! HERE YUP...This is here twice for a reason. :p

[SIZE=+1]Q8: The LG G3 has CDMA and GSM radios. How do I...?[/SIZE]
    For now, I'll leave the search for you.​

[SIZE=+1]Q: What to do about ZVA/ZV8/ZV6 Update[/SIZE]

**********​

This FAQ is part of a Recognized Contributor Group Initiative. Please look for a similar FAQ thread when visiting another device forum.
    A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the production of this FAQ
    Updated for ZVA and dialer codes
    I just got a new 64gb memory card. I put all my music and twrp backups on it already. I went to install Barin this morning and I went to backup my current rom, but twrp doesn't recognize my card. Any suggestions? Do I reformat it, and of yes, can it be done on the phone? Tia

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    64Gig cards all come formatted as exFAT. Unfortunately, the version of TWRP that was bumped for us has a bug, and won't recognized exFAT cards. You'll need to reformat it to FAT32. Neither the phone nor Windows will do that. I used a utility call EaseUS Partition Master to reformat mine. See here for more info:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1803814

If you don't have an SD card reader, see this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/general/guide-how-to-format-64-gb-microsd-to-t1755448
    Thanks, looking forward to it. That is the one thing i cant stand bout this phone is the yellow messaging color.

Sorry for the confusion. And just so everyone knows, we are working hard on the theme stuff. These LG apps have been a lot harder to deal with than we had ever thought.