Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 47,461 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Frequently Asked Questions - Sprint LG G3

Tip us?

engine95
Old
(Last edited by engine95; Yesterday at 01:33 PM.) Reason: Added LG G3 to help searches
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,070
Default Frequently Asked Questions - Sprint LG G3

Frequently Asked Questions
Sprint LG G3

This a short list of frequently asked questions in this device forum and the answers often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses. If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.

Q1: How do I Root my LG G3?
1. Your phone must have NEVER been Rooted before. Even if you've uninstalled SuperSu and removed all the files IT WILL NOT WORK!! It MUST be installed on a clean phone. ie Never Rooted, LGFlashtool - see below about this.
2. Root for us is in this thread. HERE
Version 1.2.0 is the most current - Hit "Grind" it'll more than likely say not supported, then hit "OK" and it will "Bruteforce" root to your phone, then reboot when told and it'll reboot again on its own.
Let it bootup, then install SuperSu, reboot and then uninstall Stump Root.

Version 1.0.0 was made specifically for the Sprint G3.
Q2: How do I unlock the bootloader?
We can't yet. It is being worked on. Please don't ask for an ETA. Just be Patient.
If you're curious about the status of unlock, see this thread Here
Q3: How do I Restore/Fix my LG G3?
With LGFlashtool. For a walkthru on how to use it go. HERE
Q4: How do I install a Recovery? CWM/TWRP
See Question #2
Q5: What apps can I remove after Rooting?
There's no list yet. Most people are disabling/freezing apps first, then removing them. If you remove the wrong ones see Question #3
Remember, we have no recovery yet.
Q6: What about modifying files on the LG G3? ie build.prop
We have no recovery yet, so if you mess this up see Question #3.
Our build prop is too large for most text editors. 920 text editor, works so you can get it from the Playstore. Make sure after modifying anything to set permissions. For the build.prop it's rw-r-r. If you don't...see Question #3
Q7: The LG G3 has CDMA and GSM radios. How do I...?
For now, I'll leave the search for you.
This FAQ is part of a Recognized Contributor Group Initiative. Please look for a similar FAQ thread when visiting another device forum.
A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the production of this FAQ
Thanks to HPTesla and PartimusPrime!!! Whoohoo!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to engine95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

engine95
Old
Thanks Meter 1,070
*Reserved*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to engine95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

engine95
Old
Thanks Meter 1,070
If you guys can think of anything else to put here, let me know.
I was just going to make this more open for now, but it would have been a pain to convert to the XDA Template.
The Following User Says Thank You to engine95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JESUSARIUS REX
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Does the G3 have the same security check the OG did. As in removing stock apps=brick?

engine95
Old
Thanks Meter 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSARIUS REX View Post
Does the G3 have the same security check the OG did. As in removing stock apps=brick?
Nope. We're good to go on this one. Just be careful what apps you remove. Don't cut too deep.
What a lot of people are doing is freezing/disabling apps before they remove them.
The Following User Says Thank You to engine95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

engine95
Old
Thanks Meter 1,070
Added questions Q5 - apps, Q6 - modifying build.prop and system files

engine95
Old
Thanks Meter 1,070
Updated rooting instructions. Just made it more thorough.

Will32
Old
Thanks Meter 632
Here's an idea for q8.

How do I get my QHD preloaded videos back?

The answer is... Restore your G3 with flashtool!

I accidentally deleted my QHD vids awhile back when I did a factory reset from stock recovery. I couldn't use someone else's vids because they have some kind of protection and can only be viewed on the device they came on.

I restored with flashtool the other day and when I was going through my gallery this morning I noticed that they are back.

I searched and asked everywhere trying to get them back with no luck.

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

I'd like to make another suggestion, if you don't mind.

These are common questions that someone would search Google for. It would be great if this thread popped up when someone searched Google for the answer.

My suggestion is to make each question specific to the G3 or LG G3.

Example.. Q3: How do I restore my LG G3 back to factory stock condition?

Just think about what you'd type into the Google search bar.

Excellent faq, please don't think I'm trying to be critical.
Sprint G3

Need Dropbox?
The Following User Says Thank You to Will32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

engine95
Old
Thanks Meter 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will32 View Post
Here's an idea for q8.

How do I get my QHD preloaded videos back?

The answer is... Restore your G3 with flashtool!

I accidentally deleted my QHD vids awhile back when I did a factory reset from stock recovery. I couldn't use someone else's vids because they have some kind of protection and can only be viewed on the device they came on.

I restored with flashtool the other day and when I was going through my gallery this morning I noticed that they are back.

I searched and asked everywhere trying to get them back with no luck.

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

I'd like to make another suggestion, if you don't mind.

These are common questions that someone would search Google for. It would be great if this thread popped up when someone searched Google for the answer.

My suggestion is to make each question specific to the G3 or LG G3.

Example.. Q3: How do I restore my LG G3 back to factory stock condition?

Just think about what you'd type into the Google search bar.

Excellent faq, please don't think I'm trying to be critical.
It's all good. I was the one asking for suggestions, so I don't think that at all.

The way XDA wants these FAQ's is to try and find the most common questions so as to limit the amount of new threads. I tend to take it a little further by providing links and other info that I think is helpful.

To answer your suggestions:
1. So far, I think you're the only one who wanted the QHD vids back. So I'm not being rude, but for now I'll leave it off. You, me and others that actually read these threads know how to fix this. (and this IS on the first page now). If it becomes a common issue, I will gladly add it.

2. I'm not positive about this but I think the tags at the bottom serve that purpose. I added a couple and I think anybody can do the same. I'll edit the OP just to make sure.

Thanks for the suggestions, and please don't think I was being critical. I was just explaining my position.

Tags
faq, lg g3, ls990, sprint g3, sprint lg g3