Post Reply

G3 Taking 7hrs To Fully Charge

28th August 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #1  
plmiller0905's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Janesville,Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 240
 
5,049 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
My G3 is at 45% and it says it's gonna take over 7hrs for it to fully charge.

Before anyone ask, yes..i am using the OEM charger and cable that cane with the phone.

I'm on my second G3 and really don't feel like exchanging this one for another one...

28th August 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmiller0905

My G3 is at 45% and it says it's gonna take over 7hrs for it to fully charge.

Before anyone ask, yes..i am using the OEM charger and cable that cane with the phone.

I'm on my second G3 and really don't feel like exchanging this one for another one...

Are you using your phone while it's charging? Is it at a high brightness?

When my G3 is charging and I'm using it (redditing, XDA, Clash of Clans, etc.), my charge time is pretty insane as well.
28th August 2014, 11:12 AM   |  #3  
ItsLasher's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 125
 
349 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solis888

Are you using your phone while it's charging? Is it at a high brightness?

When my G3 is charging and I'm using it (redditing, XDA, Clash of Clans, etc.), my charge time is pretty insane as well.

THIS plus if your outlet is weak or not getting enough power it will take forever. I had a surge protector and mine was plugged into the last slot and was taking forever to charge until I checked it with a meter and found the last slot was weak and under powered. Tossed the whole thing out and have had no issues at all.
28th August 2014, 11:47 AM   |  #4  
plmiller0905's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Janesville,Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 240
 
5,049 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solis888

Are you using your phone while it's charging? Is it at a high brightness?

When my G3 is charging and I'm using it (redditing, XDA, Clash of Clans, etc.), my charge time is pretty insane as well.


Yeah i was using it checking email and forums, but still didnt think it would take this long to charge. And in reality it didn't. I mean it took a little long but nowhere near 7hrs to charge. Maybe like 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hrs to charge...and thats with me using it. So i guess that would be normal in all actuality. The time estimate that the phone displays is just off its mark.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsLasher

THIS plus if your outlet is weak or not getting enough power it will take forever. I had a surge protector and mine was plugged into the last slot and was taking forever to charge until I checked it with a meter and found the last slot was weak and under powered. Tossed the whole thing out and have had no issues at all.

Hmm...this also interesting because i do have the charger plugged into a power strip. When i charge it today, i will plug it directly into a wall socket and see if that makes a difference as well.


sent from that G-Thang!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Sprint G3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank