Help me decide...

6th August 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42

237 posts
I'm a current Evo Lte user. I have never used an LG phone but the G3 looks amazing! Should I get it? I'm really need to know how well it's working for you guys.. Anyone disappointed with it?

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
6th August 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #2  
Center Hill
Thanks Meter: 114

533 posts
Donate to Me
My first lg phone also, coming from a s3, I'm very happy with this device!

Sent from my Gunmetal Lg G3
The Following User Says Thank You to fgcchevy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #3  
Flag East Stroudsburg
Thanks Meter: 375

689 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurien

I'm a current Evo Lte user. I have never used an LG phone but the G3 looks amazing! Should I get it? I'm really need to know how well it's working for you guys.. Anyone disappointed with it?

Also an EVO user (still use as WiFi device) and I recognize you from those forums. I highly recommend this device! Gave up my Nexus 5 for it and absolutely no regrets. IMHO, the best device currently available.
The Following User Says Thank You to Evolution_Freak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

237 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution_Freak

Also an EVO user (still use as WiFi device) and I recognize you from those forums. I highly recommend this device! Gave up my Nexus 5 for it and absolutely no regrets. IMHO, the best device currently available.

Hey thanks for recognizing.. lol. Well in all honesty I really believe all the hype about the G3, but I'm also considering the M8 cause it's closer to what I'm accustomed to. I guess I'm just hesitant to move on to something different. Also I'm concerned about the reported lag and heating up on the G3...

6th August 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #5  
Flag NEB
Thanks Meter: 77

46 posts
More
I still like my HTC One M8 more but I've always been an HTC fan myself
6th August 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 96

525 posts
More
Like someone mentioned above, I was a long-time Galaxy S fan. I had every one from the Fascinate to the S4. My first LG phone was the G2, which I got on a whim because my S4 broke. Let's just say I loved the G2 so much that I HAD to get the G3.

The only downer for me is that there is no root yet, but of course that will come with time. The problems you mentioned above, I don't experience myself, but root will fix a lot of it. The dev in charge is going through some life problems atm, so we have to wait. I am definitely patient though. It's like waiting for Christmas!

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by haoleflip; 6th August 2014 at 02:05 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to haoleflip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #7  
Flag East Stroudsburg
Thanks Meter: 375

689 posts
More
Quote:

Hey thanks for recognizing.. lol. Well in all honesty I really believe all the hype about the G3, but I'm also considering the M8 cause it's closer to what I'm accustomed to. I guess I'm just hesitant to move on to something different. Also I'm concerned about the reported lag and heating up on the G3...

Personally, I have zero heat issues but I don't game other than solitare. As far as lag goes, I'm still in disbelief because I have not experienced that either. Enable dev options, set animations to .5. I had used Nova for a week and then switched back to stock. In my opinion, lag is a myth. Possibly on the 16/2 models it may exist but this is much faster than my Nexus was.
The Following User Says Thank You to Evolution_Freak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

237 posts
Thanks for the feedback guys.. much appreciated. I'll let you know if I get it. (Most likely I will). Oh, another thing, is it safe to buy from either Amazon or bestbuy? Only cost 100$..

6th August 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 96

525 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution_Freak

Personally, I have zero heat issues but I don't game other than solitare. As far as lag goes, I'm still in disbelief because I have not experienced that either. Enable dev options, set animations to .5. I had used Nova for a week and then switched back to stock. In my opinion, lag is a myth. Possibly on the 16/2 models it may exist but this is much faster than my Nexus was.

I'm actually an avid gamer. My phone gets a little warm after a while, but not warmer than what I'd expect from a 2.5ghz, 3GB RAM beast lol it's not like super hot though, like people have been saying. I have even played while the phone is charging. It doesn't get extremely hot at all. The quad HD display is absolutely beautiful for gaming and even videos, too.

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback guys.. much appreciated. I'll let you know if I get it. (Most likely I will). Oh, another thing, is it safe to buy from either Amazon or bestbuy? Only cost 100$..

I'd say it would be OK. Is it $100 with renewal of contract?

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by haoleflip; 6th August 2014 at 02:19 AM.
6th August 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

237 posts
$100 with 2 year extension..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread